Wednesday 18 December 2019

It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas 2019: Bombshell Holiday edp, by Victoria's Secret...


For my final post in 2019, I want to share a review for what I think is the ultimate finishing step when getting ready to out, as well as being a lovely accessory to work clothes, jeans, lounge-wear or pyjamas. 

Read on for more information on what has been my festive run-up fragrance this year and is going to be my Christmas Day 2019 fragrance...

There is no vanilla and very little jasmine detectable to me in Bombshell Holiday (its limited edition for winter 2019), unlike almost every other Victoria's Secret perfume that I've tried/owned, so it's different for them. 

On me it is a clean, uncluttered and cold pomegranate and woodsy scent, with a little bit of airy musk in the base. There is a mix of some fresh & green floral notes in the background, but none of them are strong enough for me to be able to separate and identify, though I do get a impression of the original Bombshell, so I guess they must more or less be the same.

Bombshell Holiday is the scent of a walk through a fruit orchard on a frosty morning - it's a perfect autumn/winter fragrance. It is similar to Victoria Secret's winter 2016 Paris edp with the clean woods and sense of crisp icy air, but this time there is the juiciness of the fruit and soft sweetness provided by the florals.

Official scent notes: ice accords, pomegranate, jasmine and birch.




Bombshell Holiday is a fairly close-to-the-skin fragrance, and it has a pretty decent longevity - between 6 to 8 hours on average, which I think is a bit better than is usual for a Victoria's Secret perfume.

I highly recommend trying it out if you enjoy simpler, clean fragrances, as it makes a lovely daytime perfume, that like the Paris perfume, can be layered with smokier perfumes for the evening to give them an icy jolt of energy.




and you can now buy the fragrances on the UK site
50ml: £45
100ml: £59



No comments:

Post a Comment