Sunday 1 December 2019

Last-minute Stocking stuffer: Far Away Rebel edp, by Avon.

Don't panic! There's still plenty of time to buy that perfect gift  - and not have to spend a ton of money to get it delivered to your door. I'm starting December with four [well five, but two will be reviewed together] reviews for under-£30 products I've been loving, to get us prepared for that final shop for gifts... 

I want to kick-start the season off with what has become one of my favourite autumn/winter perfumes, which I think would make a great gift this Christmas...

To me the strongest notes of currants and salted chocolate are very reminiscent of chocolate covered strawberries. There's also something nutty in the undertone - very similar to praline. Also; I'm quite sure that sandalwood is in the mix too.

These long scent notes accompanied by creamy liquor, toffee and powdered florals - I get a hint of the original Far Away in the powdered florals, with what I think are rose, ylang-ylang and jasmine. Maybe magnolia And/or iris? There is no major shift between the heart and base phases, which I'm not usually keen on, but it doesn't bother me here.

Despite the strong sweet notes and the similarities to the original Far Away, I think that the blend here is softer and less overwhelming on me in comparison, as I don't pick up on any musk or patchouli in this fragrance, both of which the original version has in abundance [I can't wear the original Far Away as I find it too strong and sets off my migraines]. Far Away Rebel wears much more impressively than most of Avon's other fragrances; it averages at somewhere between 8 to 9 hours on me.

Official scent notes; crème de casis, orange blossom, toffee and salted chocolate.




If Lancome's La Vie Est Belle and Viktor & Rolf's Bon Bon had a baby, then that bundle of joy would be named Far Away Rebel; this has quickly become one of my favourite 'everyday' cold-weather perfumes and it is a definite rebuy. 

A lovely 'come closer' fragrance as it's so warm, comfortable & cozy. This perfume seems much more expensive than it is 


50ml EDP: £11 
150ml scented body lotion: £3.60 
10ml purse spray:  £6 

Limited edition set: £12 
[contains the edp, the body lotion & the purse spray]

No comments:

Post a Comment