Tuesday 3 December 2019

Last-minute Stocking stuffer: Haus Laboratories Glam Attack Liquid Shimmer Powder in Aphrodite

So; Lady Gaga launched her own beauty brand in August and naturally I'd pre-ordered a three-piece set.

Today I want to focus on what I think is the star product in the selection, something I've worn quite a few times now and get compliments from strangers when I wear when out and about...



Aphrodite is an oyster tone of liquid-to-powder base, with delicate pearls in the formula, for a molten shimmering effect. The brand says that the pearls are multi-coloured, but I'd call them champagne or maybe ballet pink - it's just that when I read 'multi-coloured', I envisioned mini disco lights popping off over my lids, which is not at all the look you get.


I don't usually find liquid-based eyeshadow to be particularly well wearing on my deepset/hooded eyes, but this has wowed me; up to ten hours after application and it'll still look freshly applied! Not only is the formula very well wearing, but it is also very easy to apply; I just brush it on with the doe-foot wand, straight out of the tube - no blending or fiddling needed. The lid, crease, transition or all over - it works the same on any part of the eye.




Not only is it a great eyeshadow, but it also makes a nice cheek highlight; I apply it to my cheeks with the doe-foot, then use a finger or sponge to blend it into the skin slightly, for the best effect.






I picked up a set which contains Aphrodite out of a general curiosity about the brand and I wasn't really expecting much out of it, but I've really been surprised by how much I enjoy this. I will definitely be looking into the other shades of Glam Attack that are available since the formula is excellent and I'm very curious to see what else the brand will come out with in the future.  This particular shade would make an excellent stocking stuffer as 
itis a nice 'everyday' shade will will go with any other makeup colours, and the duel use is an added bonus.   
Aphrodite is £19 and is available on Hauslabs and Amazon.
(Amazon is obviously what I recommend, xas you can get free shipping and don't have extra tax added)

No comments:

Post a Comment