Monday 22 July 2019

Tickled pink? The Neon Pink Obsessions eye palette, by Huda Beauty...

Huda Beauty's 3-piece Neon Obsessions eyeshadows palette collection are LE releases for the summer '19 season, and today we're taking a closer look at the pink option. Pink and purple shades are two of my favourite colour families, so I couldn't wait to dive in...






The Neon Pink compact contains nine pressed pigments [the matte pinks & magenta] and powder eyeshadows. Five shades are matte [bright bubblegum pink, Barbie pink, neon pink, magenta & lilac] and four shades are shimmers [cool pink pressed pearl, pink/violet pressed pearl, pinky lavender-with-blue-shift pressed pearl & fuchsia frost]. 







As I'm sure I've said before, I'm really into this more compact type of palette now, where every shade is something fun and unique, that doesn't waste space (and therefore our money) by including the same kind of basic highlight/crease/transition shades that the average makeup lover already has - I'm sure that we all have plenty of neutral shades that we love, that we can use with this [although I've happily done multiple looks using this palette only]. The mattes in this palette feel different from the ones in Huda's Neon Green eyeshadow palette; the ones here are buttery smooth, mega easy to blend and aren't sheer. The shimmer shades have no crumbling or stiffness, like there was in Neon Green. All of the shadows are non-fading, and I haven't experienced any creasing - I apply them in the morning and they'll still look good in the evening, when I remove it. The pressed pearl shades have a bit more fallout in comparison to the other shadows which have very little, which isn't a dealbreaker for me but I still thought I'd mention it. Fallout in shadows doesn't really bother me as I do my eyes before my base - all pigmented & softer shadows have fallout, so I do think that all good-quality shadows should kick-up a bit. 



Any disappointments? The mattes as classed as pressed pigments not eyeshadows and the pink ones stain skin slightly; it's no-where near as bad as I experienced with the Blue Blood palette so doesn't really bother me, but some people may not put up with it. Two of the pink mattes in the palette look very similar, which I think is a waste of space - after application and blending they look too similar and bleed together. I really like pink eyeshadow shades, but with only nine product pans to fill I think that another colour should have been used, or at the least one of the pink shades should have been given a different finish. I suppose that you could argue that the slightly lighter one makes blending other other pinks out neater, but I'd still rather have had something totally different...



There are only nine shades in the palette, but the pricing is reasonable enough to excuse this, especially considering the awesome product quality. The powders are a pleasure to work with; the shade selection just screams "fun and happy". I'd definitely replace this palette if I lost it as most of the shades are fairly unique in my collection, and I'd happily recommend to other people who enjoy pink and lilac shadow shades

 The Neon Pink Obsessions palette is £27

No comments:

Post a Comment