Saturday 13 July 2019

Is it blooming lovely? Looking at the Shimmer & Strobe Highlighting Palette, by Flower Beauty...

Actress Drew Barrymore's cosmetics line - Flower Beauty - has recently launched in the UK, after me being unsuccessful in tracking it down during past holidays in America, meaning that I was itching to throw money at them the instant that Superdrug began to stock their products a few months ago.



So; has my first Flower Beauty product been worth the wait? Has it become too built up in my  mind to live up to?





There are three different tones of highlighter's in the S&S palette, however the pearlized formula is so highly reflective that there isn't much difference to the appearance of the base shades between the three highlights once they've been applied to the skin. I'm kinda split; yay for a highly reflective formula, but boo for having the same tone of pearls and not having overly different base shades.





The formula wears quite well - I'll apply my makeup in the morning [around 7:30] and it'll still be there around 7pm. I have noticed some fading though. Not bad fading, but more than is usual with most of my other highlighters.



It took me ages to review this palette because I have don't feel either way about it strongly; it has very decent-for-the-price formulas & it looks good on skin, but it is something that I find too samey and it just doesn't wow me and I don't find myself reaching for this palette too often.


You can look at this as three highlighters for £4.33 each, which doesn't sound as bad as £12.99 for a 'drugstore' level highlight palette. If you like highlighters that are less in-your-face then I do, I think that you'll enjoy this palette - I'm just more of a "more is more" person with my highlights..


Shimmer & Strobe Highlighting Palette costs £12.99 and is sold in Superdrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment