Friday 5 July 2019

Keepin' it moving: the Revolution x Rachel Leary Goddess On The Go eye & face palette...

Revolution's 2019 collaboration season has really heated up now and I have one of the newer pieces to show of today - it was the newest release when I bought it, started using it and started my notes about my experiences with it, but now there's a 3-piece collection from Roxxsaurus [plus they're hinting at a upcoming release - a collab with Makeupbyjaack is my guess for it, as he's hinting at a upcoming project]... 

Anyway, back to today's subject; I've been testing the Goddess On The Go eye & face palette since it launched at the end of May and now feel able to offer a valid opinion on it. 


As per usual, I hadn't heard of the person Revolution collaborated with; no offence to the collaborators, I'm just too old and untrendy for all this social media and it's 'influencers'.







Lets start with what I've come to think of as a consistently good product from the brand - the eyeshadows. Simply put, these are the best quality eyeshadow formulas that I tried from Revolution; I've really enjoyed their 2018+ eyeshadow formulas, but the mattes in Goddess On The Go seem a bit softer than their already really good formulas and the shimmers are just that little more on the glowy butter side. Goddess On The Go has just nudged Kisu off my top spot for best-quality palette from Revolution - comparable to mid-priced brands like Urban Decay. 

I can't pick on any single shade for either under-performing, or for being better than the others; this palette has very consistent formulas and every one of them delivers a easy-to-apply formula, along with awesome pigment. The colour story isn't the most versatile one in Revolution's collaboration line, but I'm a big fan of oranges and purples, so there's no complaints from me - I'm starting to dislike palettes that randomly shove loads of different colours together, so I'm loving this streamlined collection.
0


The matte bronzing contour Caramel Slice is a great neutral tone that is perfect for that dual purpose, but sadly it is too dark for me. I'm not really one for using a shimmery bronzer [that was how Rachel Leary describes Golden Hour] and it is more of a bronzer topper (?) if used that way, as the formula is sheer. However Golden Hour makes a nice eyeshadow and will be a pretty highlighter for those with tan, medium and deeper skintones.


The Sunkissed blush has a sheer & buildable formula and contains fine particles of silver, which aren't immediately noticeable on the skin. I like that the softly flushed pink shade has the capability of being both subtle or dramatic, depending on how I want to layer it. It's just an excellent blush - awesome shade and awesome formula.


My thoughts on the Get It Poppin' highlight are the same as they are for the eyeshadows and blush; the best quality I've tried from the brand. From a short distance the highlight just looks like glistening skin. Stunning; I want a larger pan, released in a individual compact.



On the one hand; I know that the collaboration eyeshadow palettes don't always have wildly different colour stories to them,is why Goddess On The Go reminds me of my Imogenation eyeshadow palette a bit. On the other hand; remember that Revolution themselves don't have anything to do with selecting the shades as that is down to the collaborator, who has complete creative control over what they want to do. I do think that Revolution should space the releases out more, to let the individual collaborators have more of a chance to shine before being nudged out of the way by the next one in the line - they're having their dreams come true, but barely get any time to enjoy it and have their products put out there to the masses. Also; can we have another collab with someone other the age of 35, who is more likely to break out of the usual sunset-sunrise style of eyeshadow palette format that has begun to be overused in the collab lineup? All of these twenty-something 'influencers' seem to be into the same kind of thing...

Sorry for going of on a tangent again; I've compared the eyeshadow shades from Goddess On The Go against similar ones within the collaboration range; shades in the Imogenation, Kisu and Soph x Extra Spice eyeshadow palettes. There were no outright shade repeats anywhere, so if you love the shades from those earlier palettes, then Goddess On The Go is going to be a winner for you. There isn't much in the way of versatility with the eyeshadow shade selections and most people won't be able to wear all four face products, but the formulas for everything honestly is outstanding for the price, so I'm still going to say that the Goddess On The Go palette is well worth picking up.


You can buy the Goddess On The Go eye & face palette for £10 from Revolution, Beauty Bay and Superdrug [they released it in larger stores at the same time as it was launched on their site, so they must be expecting it to be popular]. 

Superdrug had a 3-4-2 deal on when I bought Goddess On The Go, so I naturally bought the second half of the Rachel Leary collection at the same time as I bought this palette. Check back here in the next several days...


No comments:

Post a Comment