Saturday 20 April 2019

Have I found slice of paradise with the Tropical Paradise eyeshadow palette, by Revolution x Tammi?

Revolution and British YouTuber Tammi Clarke have recently released their second eyeshadow palette together, but today I want to rush in my review focus on the first palette that Tammi released in Revolution's popular collaboration line last year because I thought that I'd already done one, before we take a look at the newer offering. 

I bought Tropical Paradise last year, around the time I first started to collect Revolution's collaboration palettes in the early summer, so have had plenty of time to get to know every single shade the palette offers [luckily I still have the photos of when my palette was shiny & new] and now it's verdict time...



Moonlight (white shimmer), Pina Colada (pale gold shimmer), Enchanting (copper shimmer), Queen Lou (light brown shimmer), Burning Heat (rose gold shimmer),Tropical (orange matte)




Majestic (dark raspberry matte), Coralline (maroon matte), Paradise (khaki shimmer), Exotic (bronze gold shimmer), Carnival (purple shimmer), Caribbean (pink shimmer), Golden Sands (gold shimmer), Purpy Purps (purple matte)



Rainforest (dark khaki matte), Treasure (tawny brown shimmer), Waterfall (ocean blue matte), Adventure (pecan brown matte), Midnight Stroll (black matte), Rich Soil (wood brown matte)



 Cream (cream matte), Nutmeg (caramel brown matte), Isle of Spice (cinnamon matte)


The shadow formulas are drier than the shadows in the Kiss Of Fire, Extra Spice, Beauty LegacyImmogenationKisu, The Needs and The Wants palettes, which is a bit odd since I think that it had been developed and launched really close to Kiss Of Fire, so I'd assumed that they would have the same formulas. Instead the formulas feel closer to the ones in the Soph x palette, although I do find these shadows easier to work with and not as thin as I found some of the Soph x ones.



so, yeah; the formulas are more like the brand's older ones and are on the drier side; so the purples, the greens, the blue and the black shadow need layering. The shimmers aren't anywhere as gleamy as the brand's newer palettes, though foiling them does improve their appearance [I've only applied them dry for the review, so you can see exactly what you're getting]. No especially great formulas here, but everything is workable. The black isn't the most pigmented, but I don't really like mega-pigmented blacks, so that's not a problem for me.

The shade names of the products are printed on a clear plastic shadow shield that slips and slides everywhere so I'll inevitably lose it, rather than on the actual palette. This niggle doesn't effect the actual products in any way so I don't mean to make a big deal about it, but it's something that winds me up because - as I know I've repeated a few times now - I like to know exactly what I'm wearing, and if I find a tutorial somewhere and want to copy it, then it'd be easier if the shades were on the palette - I'm rather surprised that a beauty-based YouTuber didn't consider this when she collaborated on a eyeshadow palette. 




The biggest plus here is that this is the only palette [except for Tammi's new one] in Revolution's collaboration range that has been created by a black woman, so when they say that the shades work for everyone they mean it, as Tammi had been testing her chosen shades on herself for months.

The formulas here aren't my favourite, but I'm fond of the colour story going on in Tropical Paradise and every time I open the palette, new combination ideas hatch in my brain - I haven't done the exact thing twice in the 8/9 months I've had it. As I'm not thrilled with the formula, I can't say that you need to rush out and buy Tropical Paradise, but if the colour story of the palette is calling to you, then you can make it work and will be unlikely to regret adding it to your collection.


The Tropical Paradise eyeshadow palette is only £10 and can be bought directly from Revolution and from Superdrug [site and store].

,

No comments:

Post a Comment