Wednesday 3 April 2019

Have we reached Norvina?

Ohh, today we have another Anastasia Beverley Hills palette that hasn't received a lot of love from the bigger voices in review land. Seeing how I continue to love Subculture, which was ripped to shreds by the most influential 'beauty guru's' (I know it's 'influencer' now, but I hate that term), I instantly became interested in the Norvina eyeshadow palette and wanted to see if this would also be a hit for me.

Fast forward from the launch last year, to now; I recieved the Norvina palette for Christmas and have spent the last few months getting to know each and every shade, and have now worn every one at least twice...


Dreamer (Metallic pink champagne), Summer (Foiled golden topaz), Wild Child (Duo chrome frosty pink with a magenta shift), Rose Gold (Metallic rosewood), Celestial (Duo chrome plum with a violet shift), Dazzling (Cool-tone bronze with a violet shift), Drama (Duo chrome aubergine with a cool bronze shift)

Base (Matte eggshell), Soul (Matte wisteria), Incense (Matte dusty terra-cotta), Love (Matte mid-tone cool pink), Volatile (Matte warm charcoal), Eccentric (Matte dark burnt orange), Passion (Matte deep garnet)



The colour story is very 'me'; you get a nice mix of safer-yet-not-too-generic 'suitable for everyday/work wear' shades in Norvina, with some lovely, softer shades of 'colour pops in some of my favourite shadow shades [pink, purple & periwinkle]. You also get a double-ended brush inside the palette, with is surprisingly high quality and is something that I regularly use.

The shadows all have great pigmentation, everything is easy to blend & build up, and there's no heavy shimmer/glitter that doesn't adhere to skin and goes everywhere, plus everything is crease & fade resistant. I've not had any issues with shades skipping or oxidizing. Speaking of soft shadow; there is kick-up with most of the shades in this palette when I dip my brushes into the pans, but that is something that never really bothers me as long as the powders apply and perform well, which these do. I keep saying that ABH's shadows are soft, which they are, but the formulas are more Modern Renaissance and Sultry soft and buildable, rather than Subculture and Prism mega pigmentation in one swipe.

As the shadows are so soft, it is easy to mix shades together, to create new ones - very handy since there is only one deeper matte shade [Passion] included in this palette, which is a bit of a downside if I'm being critical - which I do have to be, considering that the cost per gram of product for this palette is on the expensive side [10g in total, so each pan is less than a gram - pretty stingy for a privately owned brand]. 

 I really enjoy my Norvina palette and haven't had any issues with the quality or layout - I've worn every single shade at least once or twice in all-day looks and can not single out any shade for not performing well. Very fun and poppy, yet very wearable and cohesive colour story. I very highly recommend this palette to anyone who wants to 'freshen' up their makeup looks as we head towards the spring/summer seasons. 

 ABH eyeshadows are soft, so I want to add that if you prefer to use a firmer hand for shadow application and love your blending, then you might want to sit this one out.

The Norvina palette costs £43 and can be bought on ABH UKBeauty BayCult BeautyFeel Unique and Selfridges - every site apart from Selfridges has free shipping options and I've used every site at some point, with no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment