Wednesday 10 April 2019

EOTD: The Born To Run palette, by Urban Decay...

I was looking through my original demos for today's palette and realized that none of the ones I selected for my palette review featured one of the brand's OG shades - Smog. If you're a fan of Urban Decay, you'll recognize the suits-all shade Smog; it is a permanent single (when I was younger, I had loads of those silver dollar singles - for a few years, they were the only eyeshadows I wore) and it has featured in over half a dozen palettes over the years (including the iconic Naked palette), so it is undoubtedly my most-worn shade from Urban Decay.



Anyway: today I'm going to share a recent, more 'everyday' simpler look where I used Smog, as I just felt like giving a old favourite a chance to shine...



I've owned the shade Smog before many times over the years, both as a single and in a few of the different Urban Decay palettes it
 featured in; I hit hard pan on roughly half of the shades in a Naked palette - including Smog - and had serious dents in all of the other shades (I was obsessed with it for a good six or seven years), before the texture of the shadows began to change and I threw the palette away. I also encountered Smog in the Book Of Shadows: NYC palette [I still bitterly regret giving that palette away] and I can't recall which other palettes I had with Smog in, but I know that I've seen it a few more times - maybe somewhere else in the Book Of Shadows and/or Vice series? 

Does anyone remember the name of Urban Decay's first eyeshadow palette (yep, I'm that old)? I wonder if Smog was part of that... I recall that the actual palette was little more than credit card-sized, and it definitely had the shades Midnight Cowboy, Uzi, Polyester Bride & a couple of Lip Gunk pans in it - it's going to annoy me now, as I couldn't find it on Google to look and see what the other shades were.




My review, swatches and more ornate looks for Born To Run can be found here.


The Born To Run eyeshadow palette costs £39.50 and can be found at Urban DecayDebenhams and Feel Unique - Debenhams is the only site that doesn't have a free shipping option..

No comments:

Post a Comment