Friday 22 March 2019

Green with envy; the Emerald Obsessions eyeshadow palette, by Huda Beauty...

Huda Beauty makes beautiful 18-pan eyeshadow palettes, however the £56 price-tag isn't quite so attractive and turns people off the brand. 


But we can cut the size AND the price of the brands bigger palettes in half, with their more affordable Obsessions palettes, to enable people to try out their formulas before deciding if a larger palette is something that they wish to invest in. So lets take a closer look at one of the newer additions to the line...







 I'm really into this more compact type of palette now, where every shade is something fun and unique, that doesn't waste space (and therefore our money) by including the same kind of basic highlight/crease/transition shades that the average makeup lover already has - even the yellow-gold and brown shades all have a green undertone. I'm sure that we all have plenty of neutral shades that we love, that we can use with this [although I've happily done multiple looks using this palette only].

The mattes are admittedly drier in comparison to the brand's other Obsessions palettes, but I still haven't had any problems working with them, they wear well and they have next to no fallout. The various finishes of the six shimmer shades feel buttery smooth and are mega easy to blend - four of them also have chromatic shifts. All of the shadows are non-fading, and I haven't experienced any creasing & little transfer - I apply them in the morning and they'll still look good in the evening, when I remove it. The metallic shades have a bit more fallout in comparison to the other shadows which have very little, which isn't a dealbreaker for me but I still thought I'd mention it.



Any disappointments? The only real complaint I have is that the chartreuse shade's [top row, first shade] formula is on the flaky side; I still wear it as it's pretty, but it isn't the smoothest and it is transfer-prone.


Also worth mentioning is that the mint matte is fairly sheer in comparison to the other two mattes, and I'm just more of a fan of the brand's matte formulas in her other palettes [I also have Mauve, Electric, Gemstones, Ruby, Sapphire & Amethyst] - but I know that greens can be as tricky as purples to formulate, So it's not a problem specific to this brand.




There are only nine shades in the palette, but the pricing is reasonable enough to excuse this, especially considering the great product quality. The powders are a pleasure to work with; the shade selection just screams "fun and happy". Just a quick price comparison for those scoffing at the small compact size [it's smaller than my hand]; you are getting 10g of product in this 9-pan palette for £25 and just 8g in the £43 ABH 14-pan Modern Renaissance palette. 


I'd definitely replace this palette if I lost it as most of the shades are unique in my collection, and I'd happily recommend the Emerald Obsessions palette to people even though it's not my favourite.


The Emerald Obsessions palette is £25 and can be bought on Feel UniqueCult Beauty and from Selfridges.

No comments:

Post a Comment