Thursday 14 March 2019

Kat Von D: I am NOT a nazi. I am NOT anti-vaxx.

Just a quick post today; when Kat Von D made some posts about vaccinating her son on Instagram a few months ago, I read the entire statements and concluded that she wasn't a member of the anti-vaxx squad... however I also knew that people would only pay attention to part of what she said & run with it, and relish in bringing up the old Nazi hoax again, treating it as though it was real...

So now here we are, after months of being trolled, receiving
death threats and having her career on shaky groundI wanted to link to the video that she has just put on YouTube regarding those two topics, to remind people that 'influencers'/social media personalities and brand owners are real people, with real problems/concern and real feelings.


I mean, feel free to not be fond of a person or brand, but social media users forget that real, living, feeling people are behind the user names and photos. This is something that I feel has gotten worse with the rise of 'drama' channels on YouTube - especially with people who work within the popular beauty community. Things like this aren't fun entertainment, with 'good' and 'bad' characters for you to cheer and boo at; it's peoples lives and jobs being put on the line.

I don't understand boycotting a brand because you disagree with the opinions of a single person within it - you're risking the livelihoods of thousands of people & their families, just for having differing views to someone else...

Anyway; I'm off my soapbox. Please watch the entire video below:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment