Monday 8 October 2018

Christmas is coming... The Heart Heaven highlighter gift set (by I ❤ Revolution).

Last time on Christmas is coming...

... I was all giddy when I saw that Superdrug's Christmas gift range has gone live on their site, so I just had to go ahead and buy a little something. I picked out one of Revolution's sets because I have come to really enjoy their products recently and the brand falls under the 30% off perk, if you have a Staff Family & Friends discount card. I'd wanted to buy the highlight set but it wasn't in stock at the time, so I picked out and reviewed the Chocolate Heart eye/face set instead.



 When I went back onto the Superdrug site recently to look for gifts for other people, I noticed that the highlighter set was back in stock, so I jumped on it. Was the wait worth it???




The formula for these face/eye powders is fantastic; soft, easy to blend/buff, the shimmer doesn't spread all over the face and they wear all day. Snowflake and Marzipan don't look wildy different in swatches, but on the face Snowflake is clearly cool with a faint icy blue tinge, whilst Marzipan is a touch warmer and has a hint of a champagne tone in certain lighting. 





Candy Cane goes on light as a blush, but is too pigmented for fair and light skintones to wear as a highlighter - I've tried wearing it as such and it leaves a pink shadow at the sides of my face.


Cinnamon Apple and Gingerbread also aren't too different in swatches, but Cinnamon Apple is warmer and quite rosy on cheeks, while Gingerbread is pretty neutral.




The shades chosen for this set won't all work for any one person as actual highlighters; personally I can only use Snowflake and Marzipan as such, whilst Candy Cane and Cinnamon Apple will be used as blushes and Gingerbread will be a rarely used bronzer.


Next year I hope that Revolution make their limited edition stuff available individually rather then in sets, as everyone will be left with things they won't use when it's all grouped together - plus you are paying above the RRP for the products in the set format [Highlight Hearts are £4.99 each].

This set is good if you find it on clearance, but I wouldn't go out of your way to get it for anything less than a third off - I wouldn't have got it if I'd been aware of the two deeper shades.

You can order the Heaven Heart highlighter set for £30 on the Superdrug site.

No comments:

Post a Comment