Thursday 4 October 2018

The shades of autumn, with the Kisu eyeshadow palette [by Revolution Beauty].



The Revolution collaboration line has boomed this year and today I'm going to be taking a closer look at one of the palettes that they created with an international 'influencer' - and this time around it's German YouTuber Kisu who is entering the spotlight, with her self-named eyeshadow and highlight palette.

I'd never heard of Kisu before, but one look at the beautiful autumnal tones in her palette and I was placing my order; autumn is my favourite season and I love autumnal shades when picking new clothes and makeup.





Today's review has turned out to be short, as adding anything else would just be pointless fluff... In all of the Revolution collaboration eyeshadow palettes that I've reviewed to date, there has always been at least one shade with a below-standard formula, but in the Kisu palette all of the shadows are of a great quality for the price-point; good pigmentation, they all apply smoothly and wear very well. 



I love Revolution's highlighters, so it'll surprise no-one to learn that I love Marshmallow and Khaleesi; both shades show up on my fair skin without being too deep, they bling but don't rain glitter/shimmer and they both last all day.




I honestly can't fault any of the shadows or highlighters in terms of quality; the only outright criticism I have is with them placing dark/vivid shades of eyeshadow next to the highlight pans in the palette, as kick-up from the shadows can get on the highlighters. A niggle is with how similar the shades Gryffindor and Hype are once applied and blended, as well as London and Mai - they are the shades that appeal to me the most and I tend to use the most, so having multiples doesn't bother me too much.




The Kiss Of Fire palette is my favourite in terms of the shade range, but if I'm being honest I have to admit  that Kisu is the best one for quality and wearability - in Kiss Of Fire one of the shadows [the black matte] is patchy and underpigmented and one of the highlighters [the gold one] verges on being too dark for me, whereas every single thing in Kisu is a top-notch quality and is a very wearable shade. Revolution eyeshadows aren't as smooth and pigmented as pricier brands, but for the price-point they really are excellent - I highly recommend the brand in general and especially this palette.





You can order the Kisu eye & cheek palette on the Revolution site, the Superdrug site and Superdrug stores for £10.

No comments:

Post a Comment