Friday 1 June 2018

Isn't she a peach? Reviewing the Royal Peach eyeshadow palette by Kylie Cosmetics...

I recently discovered that the permanent eyeshadow palettes from Kylie Cosmetics are a higher quality compared to the limited edition ones, so when they had one of their "40% off selected items" flash sales at the start of the year I decided to pick up one to try - and this time I decided to go for the first palette from the brand that I had been interested in, but never got because of the numerous bad reviews regarding the bad aroma it had

Yep. I going for the Royal Peach eyeshadow palette today, so lets take a deep breath and jump into the details, swatches and demos...



Sorbet (matte finish light tangerine), Seashell (metallic finish pink champagne), Peachy (matte finish bright peach), Royal (satin finish bright royal blue), Queen Bee (metallic finish shimmering caramel), Duke (metallic finish red copper)


Duchess (metallic finish bright cinnamon, Sandy (matte finish medium tan), Mojito (metallic finish golden green), North Star (metallic finish soft lilac), Crush (satin finish peachy pink), Cinnamon (matte finish burnt orange)


No. My palette doesn't smell bad - it doesn't have any fragrance at all. I believe that it was said somewhere that the problem with the 'smelly' palettes in older batches was caused by the glue used to hold the shadow pans in place; I don't remember where I saw that - sorry - probably YouTube. 

I can tell that a lot of thought went into the colour selections for this palette; the shades are wearable, can be worn on all skin tones and they actually compliment each other - this is one of the few palettes I own where I can say that I'll use every single colour regularly. I really enjoy this palette and will use it regularly as the powders are quite easy to work with [the blue and burnt orange mattes are a bit dry], can be worn all year round and either dressed up or toned down to fit any occasion. The pigmentation of the products in this palette is good, and everything wears well on my drier skin - there is some kick-up when I dip my brushes into the pans, but that is something that never really bothers me as long as the powders apply and performs well, which these do.

Unlike the brush in the Take Me On Vacation eyeshadow palette, this one does work well; it's a great brush for diffusing my crease colours.  I used it for softening the brighter mattes when I wanted a more subtle pinky peach look [demo on the right]. I now keep the brush in the cosmetic bag that my most-used brushes live in and use it quite a bit on my more toned down days.


My only issue is the same that it's been for every other Kylie Cosmetics palette; the shimmers won't build up to the intensity that they have in their pans - apply them dry or wet, with stiff bristled brushes or fingers, it makes no difference. Personally, I actually prefer the softer look they have, but if you love the shades you see in the pans, you're in for a disappointment.


I can finally show a Kylie Cosmetics brand item that I like. The quality is much better than her fancy limited edition stuff [although there still are issues with the metallics not reaching their full intensity] and the colour story is niceIf you want to treat yourself and have the spare money for customs & handling fees, then yes, this is a very nice eyeshadow palette to get - just be beware of the slow order and processing times [order processing took 6 days, and delivery took another 11 days], then adding in the $15 for international postage and the custom tax & handling charges to the cost too. If you just want any peach themed palette, you can pick up TooFaced's Sweet Peach (shown below left) much more easily, with no extra costs being tagged onto it [it's £39 and has 18 shades in].


 The Kylie Cosmetics site has been having loads of flash sales since Kim launched a makeup line, so I definitely recommend that you sign up for email alerts on the site as this particular palette has been in 40% of sales three times in the past few months, plus you'll get a $10-off code when you sign up.

You can buy the Royal Peach eyeshadow palette from the Kylie Cosmetics site for $45.

International postage is $14.95,or free if you spend $60 or more - the brand doesn't pay for the custom taxes, so be aware that you'll need to pay the fee [roughly a quarter of your product prices.
,

The KKW x Mario palette (right of the photo) does look similar to Royal Peach.
 To be honest, I do find the KKW palette to be of a much higher quality in comparison to this, as I find that the shadows feel creamier and blend far easier - I know that Royal Peach came first, but an improvement is an improvement.
My KKW x Mario palette review is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment