Wednesday 20 June 2018

Feeling enchanted with The Magical One, by Pretty Little Palettes...

Today I'm going to be sharing my thoughts and a few demos from the third [and so far final] eyeshadow palette from indie brand Pretty Little Palettes (here are my reviews for The Sassy One & The Vampy One).


Have I been saving the best for last? Or has it taken this long for me to be able to work with the shadows and produce something worth sharing? Am I just trying to build suspense for a middle-of-the-road product?




Ice Queen [light pink metallic], Unicorn [sky blue metallic], Oh My Gold [yellow gold metallic], Mermaid [aqua metallic]

Peachfield [peach matte], Sunrise [yolk yellow matte], Spell [fawn matte glitter], Midnight [royal blue matte]


I really like the mattes in the other palettes from the brand and thought that the ones for The Sassy One in particular were fantastic, but after using this palette more, I've concluded that the ones in The Magical One palette are the standouts; buttery smooth, mega easy to blend, great to mix together to create new shades and they have next to no fallout. The metallic shades feel exactly like the mattes do formula-wise, and the matte-with-microglitter has less fallout compared to the shade with the same finish in The Vampy One.

All of the shadows are non-fading, and I haven't experienced any creasing - I apply them in the morning [no primer] and they'll still look good in the evening, when I re

move it. 


The microglitter in Spell is sparse -whilst I do personally prefer that, I do have to wonder why they bothered putting any in at all. 

Mermaid is a bit thinner in comparison to the other metallic shadows, so takes a bit of building - it does reach it's pan-shade, but it takes a bit of patience.



My main niggle with this palette is that I find the shade selections seasonal, with the colour story just screaming out spring and summer. Even now we're slap bang in the middle of what I feel is the right time to use it, I just 'have to be in the mood' to reach for it. I don't even know why I hesitate to use it, as I do love it when I do use it.

[so far] My favourite palette from the brand is The Vampy One, as thaat is the palette I us the most often, as grungier looks are the ones I just tend to do most often. I'd rate The Magical One just slightly below The Sassy One, as it's the one that I've been reaching for the least, but the quality is very high, the shade combo is fun and different to most palettes at the same price-point, so I certainly don't regret buying it = if you'd use the shades then the price is a bargain, when you consider the quality. 
You should follow Pretty Little Palettes on Instagram, as they have had several flash sales and fgwp offers on their products over the few months that I've been following them. 

You can order The Magical One  eyeshadow palette through the Pretty Little Palettes site for £24 [£3.50 p&p]. 

Order processing took one day, then delivery took three working days.


No comments:

Post a Comment