Tuesday 31 October 2023

Drifting into a pink haze... [reviewing Cloud Pink edp, by Ariana Grande]

 
Optimistic. Confident. Uplifting.


Empowering and optimistic the Ariana Grande Cloud Pink fragrance is inspired by an unapologetic confidence that reveals both beauty and strength, no matter the storm.

I know, I know. I've been disappointed by the majority of the Ariana Grande fragrances to varying degrees, but... a new edition of Cloud. I've been sucked back in, as I keep on hoping that they'll capture lightning in a bottle again - after all,  I found Cloud 2.0 to be enjoyable enough for me to have a backup bottle on hand. 

Let's just jump straight to the review and see how much of a idiot I am for buying a bottle without having tested it beforehand (people keep on stealing the tester bottles in stores around me) this time, shall we? Or could it possibly be a blind buy that works in my favour?


I admit that I'm struggling to come up with a new review for Cloud Pink because it is basically Cloud, with a few drops of dragon fruit [pitahaya] & pineapple added. The new fruit notes give this a bit more of a softer fresh-but-sweet berry infused tropical fruit mix opening, as opposed to the more distinct bergamot-lead opening in the original Cloud. If the pineapple was stronger & longer-lasting I'd be raving about the opening blend, but as it is its a frustrating glimpse of wasted potential for a more unique twist.

The other major difference between Cloud, Cloud 2.0 & Cloud Pink on me is the lack of the other distinct floral note in this edition - the lavender. In my opinion it is the "loud noise" from these two floral notes that make Cloud stand out from the brand's usual 'barely there' approach to floral notes, so without that stamp, well, what do you really have left? Something nice enough, but ultimately something extremely similar to what this brand has already done before multiple times. 

Key scent notes: pitahaya, wild berries, pineapple, coconut water, vanilla orchid, ambrette, praline, musk, amberwood and moss.


Cloud Pink is one of those fragrances I call nice-but-safe; nothing original & outstandingly different on offer, but there's nothing disagreeable here. If you enjoy the Ariana Grande fragrances in general, particularly Cloud, Thank U Next, or Mod Vanillathen you will probably like this too, as the basic framework for most of them is the same ‐ just don't expect to be wowed by Cloud Pink as there is no strong unique stamp on display. Maybe I'll be more impressed in the late spring and summer months,but I wouldn't hold my breath (if I ever do happen to change my opinion, I'd write a new review for it and would be upfront about it being updated thoughts).

I really enjoy Cloud and love Cloud 2.0 enough to almost be on my backup bottle, but I'm a little disappointed that Cloud Pink is too similar in scent to the original edition, but doesn’t offer any formula improvement like 2.0 did - in fact I found the longevity to be slightly lower than the original at around 4 to 5 hours, and the aura a bit smaller since the fragrance becomes close to the skin pretty quickly [around 2 hours]. I don't currently have any other perfumes with pineapple in, so that's a plus, however it is very mild & short‐lived on me. Ultimately all that I can say is that I don't regret picking Cloud Pink up, but it isn't something I'll bother replacing when it's gone.


You can purchase Cloud Pink from the regular chain retailers that stock Ariana Grande perfumes; Superdrug, Boots, The Perfume Store, and The Fragrance Shop.

30ml bottles cost £33 and 100ml ones come in at £53.

No comments:

Post a Comment