Tuesday 17 October 2023

To the moon and back ๐ŸŒ™ [reviewing Far Away Beyond The Moon parfum, by Avon]

 Capture the mystery of the moon

 

Shine bright with luxurious wild cherry, blooming Belle de Nuit flower - a nocturnal flower that blooms in the moonlight - and hypnotic Australian sandalwood.


A new Far Away flanker? A new Far Away flanker that is tied to the Far Away Beyond flanker of Far Away? A new Far Away Beyond flanker that is a parfum concentration? A new Far Away flanker of a Far Away flanker parfum which has cherry as a key scent note?! 

Gimme, gimme, gimme!!


The cherry is on the sharper side, so Beyond The Moon starts with a fresher zap of energy, in contrast to the majority of the other Far Away flankers. There is also a gentle undertone of pear with the cherry to provide a teensy drop of sweetness, so we get a instant nod to Far Away Beyond which has a strong presence of pear. I also get something vaguely plum-like in the background of the two more distinctive fruits, which I'm not sure is plum or maybe currant or berry?





I'm not overly familiar with belle de nuit but I clearly recognise the distinct accord [which I describe as sugared-magnolia-infused-with-vanilla], from the few other fragrances I have owned which contain this floral note. There is accompanying orange blossom, rose and jasmine behind the stronger belle de nuit note, so we do get the expected floral blend that is the traditional nod to the original Far Away within the flankers.

There are hints of patchouli & cedar notes in the base, intertwined with the traditional sandalwood & vanilla mix. A darker balsamic & spicy effect, clashing with the cocooning warmth, for a final energising zap to the fragrance. Very well done - a more lively and unexpected finish for Avon fragrances.

Offical key scent notes: cherry, Belle de nuit, vanilla and sandalwood. 


This is Avon's second ever parfum concentration [Beyond is the first one] for a richer, more intense and longer-lasting scent that wears all day, no top ups needed. ¹I wore a sweater a few days after last worn Beyond The Moon and would still get the occasional wafts of cherry and vanilla.

I adore Kayali LOVEFEST but have been cutting down on how frequently I wear my more expensive perfumes, so I've been looking for a more affordable 'dark and moody' cherry based fragrance for everyday use for a while and Beyond The Moon is smoothing my impulse to reach for LOVEFEST every other day. I'm not saying that the two fragrances are overly similar or anything like that, however there are some aspects that are a bit reminiscent; the not too sweet fruits, a few of the florals are the same and the patchouli to toughen the blend up is a bit familiar. Could be classed as suitable for every season, but the heady florals appeal to me more the autumn & winter months.

I very highly recommend people try out Beyond The Moon; it's a beautiful fragrance and the quality is unbelievable considering the affordable price-point. I'm not sure if I prefer this or the original Beyond - if I had to pick one I'd go for this, but it's a very close call. Avon have hit it out of the park with this.


If you don't know any Avon sellers yourself, you can always order a bottle of Beyond The Moon online via Avon UK;

50ml edp - £15

150ml Fragranced body lotion - £5

10ml perfume pen - £6

No comments:

Post a Comment