Wednesday 15 November 2023

Reminder to self: leave out cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve... [reviewing eilish edp, by Billie Eilish]

 This is a scent that I’ve been chasing for years and years. this is my favorite smell in the WORLD. Fragrance has always been such an enormous part of my life and existence since I can remember, and it was a dream to create this scent and bring my ideas to life. This has been one of the most exciting things I’ve ever done - Billie Eilish

eilish is a captivating Amber Gourmand featuring notes of sugared petals creamy vanilla and warm musks leaving a lasting impression that is warm sensual and powerfully you.



I'm late to this party; I'm not someone who can name a Billie Eilish song outside of the James bond theme she sung [No Time To Die] and I find the bottle for eilish very unappealing, so I never paid any attention to this perfume.

However Superdrug are spending the whole of November having 30% off offers on various popular fragrances for their loyalty points programme members - then on top of that is my 10% discount for employee friends & family and £6 worth of points on my card waiting to be spent. Oh right, sorry for the excuses for my purchase tangent - one of the fragrances on offer is eilish. Today's adventure started when I was nosing around on the site checking out the offer and was tempted when I read the scent notes for this edp, so I made a mental note to check it out in a store....


Christmas baking - that was my initial impression of eilish, which instantly had me reaching for my purse. Sugar, vanilla, ginger and strawberry jam; a tasty mix of festive cookies 😋 Sometimes I can pick up on a faint squeeze of mandarin underneath all of the sweetness, Sometimes not.

The listed rose is the only floral note I can pick up on the midst of the confectionery sweetness on offer; it's more of a Turkish Delight type feel to me, rather than a realistic rose. I do feel that the fragrance is missing a few links without any clear floral notes to be honest - and I'm not a big floral perfume lover.

The fragrance becomes a bit creamier as the amber and sandalwood begin to develop, around the same time as the cocoa and a hint of musk-infused vetiver - cookies and hot chocolate by a fire on a winter night, is how I'd summarise eilish. 

Official key scent notes: Sugar, red berries, mandarin, vanilla, cacao, spicy note, rose, tonka bean, amber, musk and woody notes.


eilish is a lovely autumn/winter perfume for applying after an evening bath/shower and you've put on pyjamas & fluffy socks - it's very warm, cozy and casual. The problem is that this goes close to the skin pretty quickly (1 to 2 hours)and I really struggle to detect anything after an average weartime of 4 to 5 hours. I can't fault the actual fragrance and it does create a cozy feeling, but the longevity & aura fail to live up to the price tag. 

It is such a shame about the strength of the formula, as I absolutely adore the actual fragrance. I don't think that this is something I'll definitely bother buying again when my bottle is empty, but if I saw a good price offer on it I would be really tempted. Its well worth testing this yourself - maybe the formula will work better with your body chemistry. 


Eilish is sold in the likes of Superdrug, Boots, The Perfume Shop and The Fragrance Store. 

50ml - £42 [currently £29 in Superdrug]
100ml - £50 [currently £35 in Superdrug]

There are also 30ml bottles - £32
and the le giftset (100ml bottle & 8ml pen spray) - £52

No comments:

Post a Comment