Tuesday 11 August 2020

I hope you have sweet dreams... [reviewing the Strawberry Dream eyeshadow palette, by Lunar Beauty]

The Strawberry Dream Palette is inspired by the strawberry skies and even has a subtle strawberry scent. With 15 unique colour combinations, this dreamy palette effortlessly takes you from soft to sultry with delicious pigment payoff - Lunar Beauty.



I've mentioned loads of times about pinks and berries being some of my favourite shades of eyeshadow to wear, and I'm especially loving them as we edge towards the autumnal transition. So what better to highlight my current mood, than a review of a product that revolves around that colour story?



Blue Diamond (White shimmer with gold undertone), Sweet Dream (lilac shimmer), Ruby Skies (fuchsia shimmer), Horizon (gold shimmer), Nightfall (purple shimmer


Cloudy (lilac matte), Skyline (baby pink matte), Sunrise (cherry red matte), Sunset (pink/brown matte), Strawberry Moon (plum matte)
  • i
  • Lghtening (champagne shimmer), Pink Flash (magenta matte), Blue Sky (sky blue matte), Haze (sapphire blue matte), Storm Cloud (deep brown matte)
I haven't had any trouble with any of the formulas, except for finding the red pressed pigment [Sunrise] a bit too soft & too easy to x
blend - as you can see in the demo, the shade seems to bleed into the surrounding shades. Maybe my deepset/hooded eyes are making it worse? Nothing much more to say; everything applies easily and wears really well over a 12 hour day.

The swatch photo of the top row of shimmers look underwhelming, but trust me when I say  that they're stunning - they are so molten & dazzling, that they freaked my camera out. They're my preferred kind of metallic formula ‐ creamy and not too thin. Stunning.




Apart from the one soft pigment, I've got no complaints with any of the formulas - this palette is flawless [for me] in terms of quality, as even the shade I pointed out is very workable.

A personal niggle is with the blues; I'd rather that they just had pink-toned neutrals, or [if Manny felt that bold colour pops were essential to the palette] more pinks or purples. Outside of Social Media, I don't feel that the majority of people will get use out of the two blue shades - they  are just there to provide a poppy colour clash in photos. 





Another short review; most of the shades are very appealing to me, and all of the formulas apply and wear very well. My only real niggle has nothing to do with quality, so this palette gets two thumbs up.

 I'll check back with this brand periodically to see what they're up to,  as the quality is fantastic. 


The Strawberry Dream eyeshadow palette costs £48 and is sold through Beauty Bay 

No comments:

Post a Comment