Wednesday 8 January 2020

EOTD - The Emily Edit: The Wants eyeshadow palette, by Emily Noel x Revolution...

I wanted to take some of the neutral shades in The Wants for a spin today, as I've been using this palette a fair few times over the past month, but have always gone for the berry or green tones (the looks I did were very similar to my already-chosen December EOTD posts, so I didn't bother with photos & notes for more EOTD entries). 

I always gravitate towards the berry, purple or greens when I open this palette outside of the testing period tbh, so I'm taking a fresh approach with this palette for the new year, by using the shades I ignore the most...




Yeah, yeah; same old concealer-on-my-mascara issue. Sigh. It wouldn't be me, if I didn't screw things up, when they had been going well...


I had my second makeup declutter for 2019 a few days before Christmas since I knew that I'd probably be getting makeup for Christmas from people, so for now The Wants, Haunted House Goddess On The Go and x Belle Jorden are the only Revolution/I 💜 Revolution/Makeup Obsession eyeshadow palettes that I've kept. I did honesty really enjoy the majority of everything shown on this blog over the past few years, but I want to get more use out of my more expensive palettes, so most of my lower price-point and sale finds have gone to new homes.

I received more makeup for Christmas than I ever expected and found a Natasha Denona palette in TK Maxx a few days after that, so I'll be starting 2020 by doing another declutter to focus on the products that I was umming and ahhing over decluttering the last two times, so Haunted House, Goddess On The Go and/or x Belle Jorden may not make the final cut. However The Wants is still safe - I still get inspired when I open it and still have that inner voice telling me to try out new looks with it.





My review, swatches, where-to-buy links and colour combination ideas for The Wants can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment