Tuesday 4 June 2019

Revolution Beauty's alias is Makeup Obsession... And they've joined the collaboration game too [reviewing the x Belle Jorden eyeshadow palette].

"Obsession have teamed up with beauty vlogger Belle Jorden to create a must-have eyeshadow palette and lip gloss collection. Known for her girly but edgy makeup looks, cute tattoos and strident cruelty-free stance, Belle has hand-picked every shade to create the ultimate go-to collection. 

The Obsession x Belle Jorden Eyeshadow Palette features 16 stunning in a versatile mix of hues that you’ll use every single day. Based around warm toned neutrals, this palette features seven matte shades, six shimmer shades and two matte shades infused with golden glitter flecks" 




Obsession Beauty [aka Makeup Obsession] is a Boots-exclusive brand, that I never really paid much attention to before their image revamp and  this launch late last year; I saw the Belle Jorden palette on the Revolution Beauty Instagram page, which is when I realized that Obsession is actually part of the Revolution umbrella, like I 💓 Revolution and Revolution Pro. 

I'd never heard of Belle Jorden before [no offence to her - I'm 35 & focus on people my age and above on YouTube], but as I enjoy Revolution's products I figured that I'd probably enjoy these too, so when Boots had a 3-for-2 offer on cosmetics in the new year, I picked this palette up.

Lets find out if Obsession can hold it's own against parent-company Revolution...






Not only do I prefer the look/feel of the heavy card and easy-to-depot palettes from Obsession over the plastic ones from Revolution, but I think that the shadow formulas for this Obsession palette feel, apply and wear a bit more nicely compared to the palettes that I have from Revolution too - as you know, I really enjoy most of my Revolution palettes, but the Obsession ones just feel a tiny bit more substantial - the formulas are a tad bit thicker, the mattes are less powdery and the shimmers are creamier.



I haven't been able to single out a single shade for under-performing in terms of quality - they all deliver the goods. As I mentioned above; the way the palette is designed makes it extremely east to depot several shades and pop them into a small magnetic palette, so you can pack lightly when travelling with your makeup and/or going out straight from work and need a touch-up - plus I think that the card just looks and feels nicer in comparison to Revolution's plastic ones.




Well, that was a short review, wasn't it? There was just no need to waffle on; the shade selections for the Belle Jorden palette aren't anything unique, but the outstanding quality of both the shadows and the actual palette coming in at such an affordable price-point, make this a brilliant buy - we've reached the level of ColourPop, without having to deal with the shipping and the customs & handling charges you get with ColourPop.


You can buy the Obsession x Belle Jorden eyeshadow palette for £10 from Boots in the UK, or from Target for £14.99 in the US.
 [it is on store shelves, as well as online]

Outside of the UK or US? You can also join in the fun by buying the palette from the Revolution Beauty site [they ship worldwide]. 


No comments:

Post a Comment