Wednesday 20 February 2019

The latest delicate shades = New Nude [eyeshadow palette by Huda Beauty]...

Introducing The New Nude Palette.  This all-in-one eyeshadow palette consists of 18 highly pigmented shades, ranging from flattering mattes to shimmer-drenched hues, and has everything you need to transform your lids - Huda Beauty


In the New Nude eyeshadow palette Huda's introduced a new-to-the-brand shadow formula, with her speckle-patterned shadows; there are four of them in this palette, and they are described by the brand as being "shimmering pearl flecks for a gorgeous duo-chromatic finish". Sounds fancy, but is it all just empty buzzwords?





I'm not keen on Huda's experiments with shadow finishes in her other large palettes (the textured ones in the original Rose Gold & the duo-chrome toppers & pressed glitter in Desert Dusk) so was hesitant to get the New Nude palette; however these speckled ones are gorgeous and buttery [Crave, Fantasy, Daydream & Charmed]. They almost look molten as they gleam so vividly. Just stunning. Just remember; it's best to use a finger, sponge-tip applicator or Huda's Fender Blender to apply this finish.
Huda's pressed pearl metallics are my favourite shadow formula and we get a fantastic warm pink shade [Kinky] in the New Nude palette; as a pink shadow lover, I'm delighted - like with the speckled formula, the metallic is buttery and almost-molten in appearance.


I use Excite on this KvD review post

There are ten soft mattes in delicate berry tones, rose and muted copper and golden taupe's in New Nude. The mattes are a world away from the ones in Huda's first eyeshadow palette [the original Rose Gold palette - I don't have the Remastered edition to compare]; they are buttery smooth, mega easy to blend, great to mix together to create new shades and they have next to no fallout. They're softer & easier to blend then the brand's Obsession palettes and the Desert Dusk palette - the formula reminds me of Charlotte Tilsbury's matte shadows.
Finally; the pan labelled 'Concealed' is not a shadow, it's a cream base meant as a primer. It is actually a really good primer, especially for the shimmers, metallic and the glitters - almost as good as using a glitter glue.



All of the shadows are non-fading, and I haven't experienced any creasing - I apply them in the morning and they'll still look good in the evening, when I remove it. The metallic shades have a bit more fallout in comparison to the other shadows which have very little, which isn't a dealbreaker for me but I still thought I'd mention it. Fallout in shadows doesn't really bother me as I do my eyes before my base - all pigmented & softer shadows have fallout, so I do think that all good-quality shadows should kick-up a bit. 


On the not-so-great side; I don't think that the two pressed glitters [Excite & Infatuated] line up with the soft/traditionally feminine/everyday theme of this palette, so would have loved the glitter shades to have been in her pressed pearl formula instead - there's nothing wrong with their formula, it's just that I'm just not a fan of glitters.
The cream base idea is good, but it's not really practical; it does work really well, but why put a cream in a palette with fifteen soft powders and two pressed glitters - and why put it in a pan that's the same size as the shadows when it's meant to be used every time you wear something on your eye?


I have around half a dozen small palettes and two other large palettes by Huda Beauty, and I haven't bothered looking at them since I picked this up on it's date of release - I've not been using any of the fancy new stuff I go for Christmas much either. Between this and the Kat Von D Lolita eyeshadow palette, I've been feeling my preferred makeup style swinging back towards the soft n quieter, almost-neutral side lately [I'm having to force myself to test other stuff out for future reviews]. I highly, highly reccomend buying New Nude - worth the price, in my opinion...  

You can buy the New Nude eyeshadow palette for £56 from Feel Unique, Cult Beauty and Selfridges (online and in-store).
Feel Unique and Cult Beauty have free shipping options, whilst I believe Selfridges shipping is £6 - they do have free in-store pick up though, if you happen to live near one.

No comments:

Post a Comment