Sunday 3 February 2019

Speedy review ... The Cranberries & Chocolate eyeshadow paletteq, by I ❤️ Revolution...


The Cranberries &Chocolate eyeshadow palette is the newest permanent [24th] entry in I❤️ Revolution's popular Chocolate Bar eyeshadow series.



This palette was first released as one of three limited edition eyeshadow palettes in The Chocolate Vault 2018 collection, an 11-piece set for Christmas 2018, before earning an independent release for the New Year as it quickly emerged as everyone's favourite...









I love berry toned shadows, so a cranberry and chocolate themed palette, with added orange tones, is a win for me. I also really like that you get more mattes than shimmers, for more versatility compared to some of the other Chocolate Bar palettes. I think that this shade combination makes this a palette that can be used every day for work, casual-time, dates and evening/special occasion looks. The shadows don't swatch well, but the mattes apply beautifully - the pigmentation is very good for the price: a lot less powdery compared to the earlier Chocolate palettes. The shimmers didn't wow me like the mattes do,but I haven't had any issues with them - use your fingers though, as they don't play well with brushes.

I can't single out any shades for under-performing - sure, the darker shades take a bit of building up, but that's to be expected from shadows in this kind of price range. I do find that a couple of the singles look similar once blended out, but I love these types of shades, so it's a case of "the more, the merrier" for me.The shadows smell faintly like chocolate, so if you dislike scented cosmetic products, then you may want to skip this.


Lately I've become more aware of how disrespectful it is to basically copy another brand's concept and colour-story - it's the same thing as you working on a work/school project for months, then someone else coming along at the last minute, copying what you've put tons of effort into and basking in the credit for it. I❤️ Revolution has really nice eyeshadow formulas and their original palettes have interesting concepts and colour stories, so it's a real shame that they are prone to mimicking other brands quite a bit in their Chocolate Bar collection [I've noticed Too Faced, ABH & Huda Beauty dupes], as they really don't need to.  
Okay, I'm off my soap box now. As far as I know the Cranberries & Chocolate palette is an original colour-story from the brand, so I feel more comfortable recommending it; the quality of the matte shadows is amazing for the price, and the shimmer shadows are also satisfactory. This palette isn't the most amazing thing ever, but at such affordable price-point, it's well worth picking up, for the berry toned lover.

The Cranberries & Chocolate eyeshadow palette costs £8.99 and is sold on the Revolution site and the Superdrug site [I've also seen it on shelves in-store].

The Revolution site also has The Chocolate Vault [6 eyeshadow palettes, 2 mini face palettes & 3 glosses] in stock on their sale page, for only £38.

No comments:

Post a Comment