Sunday 24 February 2019

EOTD: the Take Me On Vacation eyeshadow palette, by Kylie Cosmetics...

Today I'm going to reuse a eyeshadow palette that I haven't touched in a while, to see if a change in skincare and different brushes & eyeshadow primer makes a difference in performance.

I'd not touched the Take Me On vacation palette by Kylie Cosmetics for a while because I just don't like it; the pigmentation  on the shadows is poor, so most of the shades just end up fading and muddying together. For the second time now, I've removed it from my purge-pile at the last second because it was a pricey purchase [I forget about international postage prices and customs & handling charges every time I order from America] & process/delivery/customs collection is a pain in the arse. Since I couldn't quite bring myself to part with the palette, I'm making myself use it...

Have I managed to find a way to make the shadows work for me?




... No. I didn't find a magic technique that makes the shadows perform better. When I first applied the shadows with Real Techniques and TooFaced brushes [over this primer, which works well with my other shadows], I did think the finished green & gold look was really nice. However these photos were  all taken minutes later.... the shimmers were already becoming muted and the matte shades were beginning to fade.

The next time that I have a clear-out of my makeup collection, I think Take Me On Vacation's time will be up, as I've given it loads of chances with different primers each time and it still can't reach drugstore brand quality, let alone the mid-low high prices that the brand charges. Speaking of the brand: I'm unlikely to buy from Kylie Cosmetics again, unless they maybe get a UK/European warehouse - the product is already expensive for what it is, and then the US-to-UK post and customs & handling is an insult to injury.


My original review and demos for the Take Me On Vacation eyeshadow palette can be found here.

You can buy Take Me On Vacation from the Kylie Cosmetics site for $54.
International shipping is $15 or free when you spend over $60.
.
The parcel will be delivered to your nearest postal delivery office [or regular post office if you live in a remote area] and you'll need to pay import taxes before they give you the parcel - it'll be in the region of £18.

No comments:

Post a Comment