Saturday 21 November 2015

NOTD: Ro-Man-Ce On The Moon by OPI...


I've mentioned that I bought a OPI polish set from QVC (link below), which contains 4 shades from the Starlight collection; well today I'm going to look at the red shade which came in it, since I've opened the box...
When selecting which set I wanted (you choose between a warm or cool colour mix) I was going to pick the cool option to avoid getting yet another red shade from Opi, but in the end decided that I preferred the overall colour combination in the warm set - plus the cool set has one of those glitter a in as a crime base polishes, which didn't appeal to me in the slightest.
Will this red stand out from the other million holiday reds, or should I have picked the 'cool' option and braved the glitome polish?
Ro-Man-Ce On The Moon is from the Starlight (holiday 2015) collection, and is a blue-toned red that looks shimmery - almost metallic - in the bottle. When applied to the nail, the shimmer sorts of fades into the red base of the formula - but this actually works in the polish's favour, as it gives the shade a lit-from-within molten quality.



But do you need yet another holiday red shade from OPI? I say a big YES for Ro-Man-Ce On The Moon, because the molten glow is so pretty and the formula is a winner; you really only need one coat for complete coverage, that matches the shade in the bottle. It is so smooth to apply that it almost seems to apply itself, it doesn't streak, it dries quickly, and it wears well.

Use of a topcoat doesn't effect glossiness (I'm not wearing a topcoat in the photos), or wear time either way.


The Starlight collection is available wherever OPI polishes are sold.
The QVC set I bought which contains Ro-Man-Ce On The Moon costs £36, and you get 4 polishes and 4 treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment