Tuesday 1 December 2020

Holla back brat [reviewing the Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter in Wattabrat, by Fenty Beauty]

Light up where you want, when you want. Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter was born to reflect your every mood...

Unlike your everyday highlighter, Killawatt keeps skin lit beyond sundown with its weightless longwear formula — a cream-powder hybrid that instantly melts into skin and blends with almost zero effort. Another win: It’s loaded with superfine shimmer for an ultra-smooth, creamy texture.




Seeing that last year's limited edition Diamond Bomb highlighter is the only Fenty Beauty item that I fully enjoy, I thought it'd be a great idea to find a similar shade in the brand's permanent highlighter line...


Fenty Beauty call this shade a "3D baby pink shimmer", which basically means that this is very shimmery, with some sparkle/microglitter.

Don't be intimidated by the P-I-N-K appearance of Wattabrat in the pan, as it applies pretty sheer on the skin; think along the lines of Benefit Dandelion blush, very delicate. 


Upon application, I was surprised by how light & 'neat' the sparkle-filled pearl formula is in texture, and I've not noticed any sparkle fall out over the half dozen months or so that I've owned Whattabrat for. Once you've applied it, it'll stay put.

The wear for this has been fantastic; I usually apply my face in the morning when I'm bothering with any makeup and it'll still look great in the evening,  regardless of if I use setting spray or not. As I mentioned above, the sparkle doesn't fall over the face - it stays were you apply it. 




I couldn't find a shade of Freestyle highlighter with the same combination of formula finish & the kind of colour shift that Holo At Me has, but I think I've done well getting one with a very similar shade and finish, especially being that we can't use testers, so are going by various online photos & videos. My reviews & pictures of Holo At Me are Here

I'm impressed by the wearability of the delicate shade, the structure of the sparkle formula AND the fantastic wear. The majority of the brand's items I've tried haven't really impressed me, but this is a solid product. I recommend this highlighter to people - à rarity for a Fenty product. 

Wattabrat costs £28, and can be bought from Boots and Harvey Nichols.



No comments:

Post a Comment