Sunday 22 November 2020

Sweet like chocolate? [reviewing Soft Musk Delice edt, by Avon].

"Embrace long-lasting pleasure. Give in to a scent that's as addictive as chocolate and delight your senses"

 Italian brand Aquolina used to have a edt named Chocolovers which I discovered during a trip to New York and quickly fell in love with, always receiving complements on whenever I wore it. However it was discontinued over a decade ago and when any bottles show up online, they usually sell for three figures. 

Could this quick-fix edt from Avon fill the void left by my past favourite fragrance?


This is much airier & less sugary than I first thought it'd be; the chocolate essence is there, mixed with some kind of berry note - raspberry? These two notes are the stand-outs on me, and they carry all the way through the fragrance's wear-time. However this mix is combined with a soothing soft vanilla and whispsy musk, which veils & lightens the chocolate and berry.

I'm quite sure that there is rose here, like there is in the original Soft Musk - possibly a hint of magnolia and peach too? I can't separate any mandarin here: the chocolate, berry, vanilla and musk are the stars of the show - simple, but lovely. 

Official scent notes: mandarin,  chocolate flower, warm musk and vanilla. 


This doesn't quite live up to my beloved Chocolovers, as Chocolovers had a nutty background to it, which Soft Musk Delice lacks. Definitely less complex,  but it still has that nice comforting feel to it, so I do like it. 

The longevity on skin is poor - three hours ar most, however it lasts for a couple of days when sprayed on clothes or bedding, so I'm always sprinting some on my bed sheets, pyjamas, bras and scarves. I've almost finished my bottle and will be replacing it for sure.


EDT/roll-on set - £6
50ml EDT bottle  - £5
50ml roll-on deodorant  - £1.50

No comments:

Post a Comment