Saturday 5 December 2020

Going for gold [reviewing Bombshell Gold edp, by Victoria's Secret]

 

The gift of magic: Introducing Bombshell Gold, our limited-edition sister to America’s No.1 Fragrance, Bombshell.


Festive and intoxicating. Bombshell Gold is inspired by the holiday spirit. We captured this feeling with a luxe, luminous take on the Bombshell Collection’s signature floral: Gilded Peony. To create this fantasy note, we dipped a creamy White Peony in the warmth of golden vanilla for a glowing, golden floral effect. Frozen Lychee and glittering Sugared Woods sparkle like Champagne in the snow. Unmistakably holiday.


The past few years have produced some wonderful limited  edition Bombshell fragrances from Victoria's Secret, so my fingers are crossed for the 2020 Christmas limited edition release. Lets find out how well they have done it...


peony and some variant of tropical fruit are the star notes in all of the Victoria's Secret Bombshell perfumes, so it's no surprise that Bombshell Gold is based around the peony and litchi on me, backed with a soft & creamy vanilla and sandalwood blend - also commen notes in the brand's fragrances. I think there's peach and some sweet citrus (clementine?) In here too, though the other florals are indistinct enough to be almost anything, some rose and orange blossom would be my best guess.


The longevity and sillage for this fragrance is about the same that it is with the brand's other Bombshell fragrance releases that I've tried; I'll apply this is the morning, and can still smell it 8/9 hours later. It is quiet, but it does last.

Official scent notes: litchi, vanilla, peony, sugar and woody notes.


Bombshell Gold is not exactly anything totally new scent-wise, but it is a very warm and comforting fragrance, that's perfect for this time of year. I like it more than the original Bombshell - in my opinion, several of the flankers over the past couple of years have been nicer than the original. I wish it wasn't a limited edition edp.

I'll buy at least one more large bottle when they get reduced in price to make way for the next round of limited edition fragrances (I keep saying that,  but this time I'll really try to pick up a backup before it goes).  


Bombshell Gold is available now in store and onlineThe 50ml bottle costs £45, and the 100ml bottle costs £59.



No comments:

Post a Comment