Wednesday 2 September 2020

How fussy does it go? [reviewing Rebel & Diva edp, by Avon].



Dare to seize your moment & unleash your confidence - Avon 

I'm a big fan of the Faraway Rebel edp, so you knew I'd be all over this new flanker of a flanker. Can it stand next to Rebel in terms of quality, or should Avon be giving the Faraway line a break?

Rebel & Diva reminds me of Rebel right of the bat, thanks to a burst of currents immediately upon application. The peppercorn combined with something almost sour and salty gives the opening to the perfume a slightly masculine twist.

Rebel & Diva is connected to the original Faraway and Rebel by the powdered floral heart; I think that there is some rose and orange blossom alongside the listed jasmine, and possibly ylang-ylang too. The heart is completely different to the fruity & sharp opening,  by being powdery & sweet; there is nothing that screams 'popcorn' to me, but there is some buttery caramel.  

I think that there is patchouli in Rebel & Diva, as there is something dirty & earthy, behind the lightness & sweetness as the perfume begins to dry down. The brand's standard musk, sandalwood and vanilla blend in the base is soft and allows the patchouli to be the focus - perfect for preventing the lingering powdery & sweetness from being too much. 

Official scent notes: pink peppercorn, jasmine sambac and caramel popcorn accord.





Rebel & Diva isn't quite as enjoyable as Rebel for me, as I do love the darker toffee note and hint of liquor in Rebel - I just prefer warmer & relaxed fragrances, especially as we head into autumn & winter. Don't get me wrong, Rebel & Diva is still very, very enjoyable and I do highly recommend it,  but if I could only have one of them then Rebel just about wins it for me - it is close though. 




Rebel & Diva is impressively complex, especially considering the low price point. It wears for between the six to eight hours range, and carries for around a foot. Well worth checking out for yourself and also good to consider as a stocking stuffer.



Rebel & Diva is a bit lighter in comparison to Rebel
Limited edition set [all 3 items listed below] - £12
50ml edp bottle  - £11
10ml purse spray  - £6
150ml fragranced body lotion - £4

No comments:

Post a Comment