Monday 6 May 2019

You can either Go Big Or Go Home with the new mascara from Kat Von D Beauty...

I've not bought mascara for almost two years; gifts with purchases, samples and beauty calendar contents have kept me going that long, and I still have some unopened tubes to go through. 
However the siren's call of a new "currently the #1 bestseller in the UK and France" mascara made by one of my favourite eyeshadow brand's has lured me in. So lets find out if it is worth the hype... 


With Go Big Or Go Home I get great separation, rich colour, added volume and the formula never flakes. Plus this mascara holds the lift the brush gives your lashes all day , and most importantly for me, this is easy to remove. The volumizing abilities of this are very good with just one coat, so I rarely bother with two. The increase of length to my lashes is only slight, but since the brand doesn't promise any added length with this product, I think that this is a great added bonus.


 
I'm wearing the Revolution x Carmi Make Magic eyeshadow palette
[review coming soon]

The brush is a slightly-larger-than-regular bristle/size/shape which I prefer as it isn't so oversized as to irritate my eyes, which something that happens with many brands. I also love the size & shape of the brush as applying it doesn't need someone who can flip their wrist during application to lift and fan out lashes, and it doesn't smudge mascara onto my sockets/tops of my cheekbones.



At first I thought that £20 was on the steep side for a mascara, but then I noticed that you get 10g of product per tube of Go Big Or Go Home mascara, compared to the usual sizes of between 6 to 8g - and the few brand's that can match or beat the amount that you get here, aren't cruelty free brand's (eg MAC & Benefit), if that is important to you. Plus; not only is Go Big Or Go Home cruelty free, it is also a sunflower oil based vegan formula.

When I use this tube and then use the other mascaras that I already have, Go Big Or Go Home is a my rebuy list; a mascara with a cleaner formula and from a cruelty free brand, is something that is worth paying for IMHO.

I'm wearing the Revolution x Carmi Make Magic eyeshadow palette
[review coming soon]

Go Big Or Go Home mascara costs £20 and is sold at Debenhams.

No comments:

Post a Comment