Friday 24 May 2019

Lets Make some Magic, with Revolution x Carmi...

Revolution's Kiss Of Fire eye & cheek palette made in collaboration with MUA-turned-Youtuber Carmi MUA, was the product that turned me on to the brand; I had three palettes from I  ❤️ Makeup [now I ❤️ Revolution] and liked them, but I didn't even realize that the brand was an off-shoot of Revolution [formally Makeup Revolution] until  I saw Trend Mood's post announcing the release of Kiss Of Fire and started looking into the brand... 

Anyway, back to today's topic; Carmi's Kiss Of Fire palette is my favourite from the brand; Carmi's favourite shade's are my favourites and he didn't waste space with the same old boring neutral tones that pop up over and over in the brand's other palettes, so I'm expecting big things from Make Magic.

Does it live up to my expectations?






Coz Of U (peach foil), Bite Me (magenta pink foil), Money Maker (yellow gold foil), Under My Spell (icy blue foil), Make Magic (light cyan foil), You Got This (violet duochrome foil)



Flames (orange matte) , Confidence (biscuit matte) , Desire (fuchsia pink shimmer), Self Made (mermaid blue shimmer), Bless (pale cool pink matte), U Do U (chocolate brown matte), Dark Side (dark grey matte)


 
Overcome (terracotta matte), 
Integrity (olive green shimmer), Love Yourself (coral shimmer), Free Hugs (dusty rose matte),  Honesty (chartreuse yellow shimmer), Addicted mustard matte), Camo (khaki green matte)

The Make Magic palette has the same style of the Christmas 2018 eyeshadow palettes of fourteen shadows in a mix of matte and shimmer finishes spread over two rows and they are crowned with a top row of six larger pans of foil finish shadows [The Opulent palette is still available from the Christmas collection]. The six cream-to-powder foil shades are a new formula for the brand, which was introduced in the Christmas palettes, but until now hasn't been in any 'regular' palettes...



 Carmi recommends finger application for the foils, so your body heat can soften the formula for the smoothest application; I tried using a brush to compare the application and yeah, the formula clings to the bristles and applies to skin somewhat clumpy, so finger application is best. A special shout-out for the shimmer finishes; they have the best dazzling formula out of all the palettes that I've tried from this brand and work just as well with a brush as they do wit a finger/sponge, which is something that has been an issue in the past. The mattes shadows in every post Soph x1 and Tropical Paradise era palette have had really nice formulas, and the ones in Make Magic are the same.



Money Maker and You Got This are softer than the other four foil shades and the formula is somewhat flaky; they both still look and wear very well, but it's worth being aware that a bit more care is needed when working with these shades - I jabbed a deep dip in my pans on my first try, as I wasn't expecting them to be so soft, based on the foil shades that I had worn first. Other than that, I've not found anything to niggle over with the formulas used in Make Magic - Coz Of U and Love Yourself are similar shades, as are Desire and Bite Me, but peaches and pinks are very 'me', so no huge trauma there.



My final thoughts are almost the same as they were for the Tropical Carnival palette; as I mentioned above, I think that the formulas in this palette are great for this price-range - if I'd paid double or triple the price for this palette, I'd still be delighted with Make Magic. However I can't say that Make Magic is necessarily a must-have, as Revolution have released over half a dozen bright eyeshadow palettes within the last few months alone [and that's not counting the many new releases from I ❤️ Revolution and Revolution Pro]. So if you're into collecting the brand's newer palettes then you'll already own very similar shades to the ones in Make Magic, but even then you won't have the shades in the fantastic foil formula... So I guess you'd still be getting something sorta new, although the brand's shimmer formulas have really improved this past year and almost match the foils, so I'll leave that up to your own preference on formulas and in application techniques.
If you don't tend to buy every palette from the brand, then yes, Make iMagic is a fantastic addition to your collection. 

Make Magic costs £10 and is available on the Revolution site & the Superdrug site [it's not in stores yet].


No comments:

Post a Comment