Friday 10 May 2019

EOTD: The Jaclyn Hill palette, by Morphe...

I like the striking images of Kim's blue eye makeup that Mario Dedivanovic did on Kim Kardashian for the promotional campaign shoot of the KKW x Mario eyeshadow palette...



... As blue eyeshadow is having another spotlight moment in the beauty world and my sister currently has my KKW palette, here is my attempt at recreating the look with a wildly popular palette that I think lots of makeup lovers own...

The basic look is a simple one-step one; apply the shade Twerk on the lids & in the crease, and then under the lower lashes. But then (not knowing when to just stop) I tried to do a closer recreation of the KKW look, forgetting that I don't have the skintone of Kim K nor the skill & steady hands of Mario, so I went around the edges of Twerk with Central Park - but then I quickly decided that I didn't like the unevenness or the way it deepens & dulls the blue shade [at least it does on my skintone], so I smudged it out to leave a softer 'shadow' effect...

This shade was cut out of my close-up photos of the palette and I was too lazy to take more, but I applied the black matte which is the last shade in the palette [Abyss] as a liner, using a damp brush.


Hmmm; I'll have to take photos the next time I wear Libra from the KKW x Mario palette, so that I can make a comparison post of it against Twerk...



I'm wearing Go Big Or Go Home mascara, by Kat Von D Beauty. My review and photos comparing it against my bare lashes are on this page.

My swatches & looks with other shades with, and review for the Jaclyn Hill palette are here.

The Jaclyn Hill palette is £37 on Morphe UK and Cult Beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment