Sunday 19 May 2019

EOTD: Emerald Obsessions eyeshadow palette, by Huda Beauty...

For a recent EOTD look I kept the eyeshadow look simple & kept my lower lashline makeup-free, and I want to show, that yes, I have been doing more of that [well, almost that] in my regular day-to-day life.

  Using just one shade for an eyeshadow look is a tall order for me (though I try to do it a bit ore then I did), but using two shades & keeping my lower lashlíne bare is something that I've been finding much more doable for quick and easy 'polished & pretty' looks, and today's post shows one that is perfect for a fresh spring look and is low-key enough for work environments.



I saw the below promo shots that Huda had taken for the countdown to the shade expansion in her Melted Matte & Metal eyeshadow duos line [she's wearing Minted/Dinero in the pictures here], and I wanted to try to achieve a similar two-shadows-only look in similar shades that I already have from the brand, rather than going out and spending money on more makeup. 

The green shade in the palette is much softer in comparison to the liquid matte shadow, but I think the shimmery shade isn't too far off [though it's not like you can clearly see it in these pics].

The looks aren't very similar, but I did really like this light and fresh colour combination and simpler application - although rather then encouraging me to save money, it makes me me want Venus XL2 even more then I already did, as that has plenty of fresh & light shades in... 


My review, swatches and other sample looks for the Emerald Obsessions palette can be found here.


The Emerald Obsessions palette is £25 and can be bought on Feel UniqueCult Beauty and from Selfridges.





[I can't remember which mascara i was wearing here]

No comments:

Post a Comment