Tuesday 23 August 2016

NOTD: We Got The Beet by China Glaze...

Today I'm rounding off my reviews for my purchases from the China Glaze summer 2016 Lite Brites collection, by looking at the shade I saved for last because [I think] it is the most transitional one in the collection. 

 If you are also a bit bored by lighter spring/summer shades now, but am not quite ready for the full-on vampies of autumn/winter yet, We Got The Beet has got your back...




We Got The Beet is a grape toned purple crelly formula, that is packed with golden shimmer. Like with the  other jelly polish in the collection, I think that We Got The Beet fits the theme of the Lite Brites collection really well because the formula reminds me of my jelly shoes as a child in the late 80's/early 90's.

The formula can be summed up in one word; fantastic. It is opaque and has a smooth look and feel in two coats - amazing for a more 'squishy' polish - the purple base is so pigmented that the polish is almost a one coater. Despite the strong pigmentation, I've not had any problems with staining. In general nail polishes will last me anywhere between two to four days with only minimal wear. But as I'm a self powered wheelchair user I'm tough on my hands and am always catching my nails, so I can't really speak for how long lasting the formula is overall.





The Lite Brites collection is new for summer 2016, and can be found on all online retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment