Wednesday 11 May 2016

Truly yours? [reviewing Ari edp, by Ariana Grande]

Ari is a perfume that I've come to recognise on other people pretty well, as it has quickly become popular. Now my sister, who normally 'needs' her perfume bottles to have designer names on, has been wearing it every time I see her lately and it smells amazing on her. Therefore I reasoned that if my sister can pull it off, then so can I. Right???
Has my impulsive purchase of a bottle when it was on a price offer fully won me over, or will the bottle just be a pretty decorative piece to brighten up my dresser? 
 

Ari is a decent enough every day fragrance as in there's nothing in it that I find disagreeable scent-wise, but I just don't think that there's anything in it that makes this fragrance stand out from the sea of other fruity/floral gourmands that are on the market: it opens with watery pear & raspberries,that is backed by a quiet powdered underdeveloped floral bouquet that is focused around a gentle rose. A combination of marshmallow & musk-infused vanilla is very quick to develop alongside the fruits & florals, and this combo lasts throughout the perfume's wear and overpowers everything.

I wish that I could describe everything better for a informative review, but the blend for Ari is very linear on me, as the vanilla & marshmallow are by far the strongest scent notes, and the combo mixes almost everything else that is going on too closely together for me to differentiate between very well.

The sillage and longevity are so-so; nothing great at 5 to 6 hours & very little aura on me, in comparison to other people. However I'll be fair and point out that there are plenty of worse offenders out there. As far as I'm concerned it is the bottle for Ari that is the most impressive and unique feature about the perfume - although it digs into my palm when I spray it. 

Official scent notes; Grapefruit, pear, raspberry, lily, rose, vanilla orchid, musk, marshmallow, wood accords.


I keep wearing Ari in case it magically changes on me, as it smells a bit more complex on my sister; it has slightly cleaner florals & a woody undertone on her, both of which are missing on meIt seems that my body chemistry isn't too fond on it - though there's certainly no harm in giving it a try, as Ari can be really pleasant depending on individual body chemistry.

To sum it up; Ari is not ga bad fragrance, but there's nothing in that is special to me either. I'd best describe Ari as being one of those fragrances which you wouldn't spend money on full price, but would wear happily enough if you got it on offer, or as a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment