Friday 4 March 2016

NOTD: Stir-Fried Eggplant by OPI...

Canadian store Winners sell MOPI (Mystery OPI) duo packs which contain 'exclusive to them' polish shades; these are in reality overstock of existing OPI shades, if you were wondering which collection a shade name which is followed by a triple digit number originates from. 


Some of these renamed polishes have been turning up on eBay and Amazon, and I want us to take a closer look at one today; Stir-Fried Eggplant is actually Nicole by OPI's Smile for the Glam-era - not a dupe, but the same actual polish rebottled and renamed. So, of course, if you own that shade then you definitely don't need this, but if you're someone who liked the look of Smile for the Glam-era but didn't want to pour money into the Kardashian machine, here's your new chance to own the polish.



I've actually had two other renamed-Kardashian-Kolor-NOPI polishes (renamed as Cream In My Coffee and Girl Color) and planned to write reviews on those too, however the formulas on both of them was so bad [watery, never became opaque & didn't level] that I didn't bother taking photos, and ended up throwing the polishes out.


Will Stir Fried Eggplant fare any better, or have I just wasted more money?


Stir-Fried Eggplant is a vampy deep purple crelly [not quite as opaque as a creme, but not as sheer as a jelly formula] finish of polish. It doesn't photograph well, but the polish is packed with gold flakies.

This has a great formula; it's not too thick and gloopy, but is not thin and streaky either. This shade is smooth and even in 2 coats, dries quicky, and wears well.




Courtesy of Beauty Geeks


I'm sorry for the single, close-up shot. I had several other photographs (taken in differing lighting, and differing distances) I'd just transferred from my camera all ready to go on the blog, but I'm an clumsy idiot and knocked a full glass of water over my laptop, killing it. I've since gotten a new laptop, but my latest photos [several planned posts worth] were unbacked or over wise saved, and have gone for good :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment