Saturday 13 February 2016

NOTD: Hawaiian Punch by Orly...

I thought that I'd try to drag myself out of my uninspired slump by writing a holiday-appropriate blog post, so let's have a Valentine's Day NOTD...  
For this post I thought I'd keep it simple and traditional, with girly pink polish and a small heart-shaped piece of glitter. I then shortened my options even more by looking through my stash, to find a easy-to-find polish that doesn't turn up in many blogs/blogs.. 
I think that I've done that, so now it's time to take a closer look at what I'll be wearing over Valentines Day this year...


Hawaiian Punch is a bright magenta shade, with pink shimmer in the formula which also has a blue flash in certain lighting. It is a near-exact dupe for Wild Life; a discontinued polish in Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear line, which I used to own.

I opted to use Hawaiian Punch in a NOTD and write a short review as it doesn't get much love, but has an amazing formula. It is smooth to apply, leaving no bubbles or streaks. It is highly pigmented, so you really only need one thicker coat (though I prefer to wear two thinner coats). I was also impressed with the drying time; within two minutes after application it was touch dry.



I make more damage trying to do a clean-up, then there would be if I just left it. 
Stupid failing eyesight...


I believe Hawaiian Punch is part of the core line, as it is easy to find on shopping sites such as Nail Polish DirectAmazon and eBay for around £9 (for a 18ml bottle). 

I bought my bottle for £3.99 from TK Maxx, so it's always worth checking your closest branch.


The shade is also available in a gel formula.



I also added a Nails inc Alexa Heart glitter piece.

The Alexa Hearts polish is available on the Nails Inc site, either alone (£15) or as part of a three-piece collection (£35). 

I've also seen the Alexa Hearts Nails inc Christmas 2014 gift set (which contains 6 full-sized polishes) in TK Maxx a few times recently - I'm not sure about the price, but think it was around £20.

No comments:

Post a Comment