Wednesday 12 September 2012

Meet inchy; when lacking inches is good...


Yankee Candles bring out various limited edition holiday accessory ranges every year, with each collection featuring new designs - no repeats. Halloween gets a whopping seven ranges; Boney Bunch, Skeleton Crew, Black Cats & Witch's Spell, Haunted Happenings, Pumpkin Patch, Pumpkin Crackle and Creepy Crawlies.

This particular design is from Yankee's 2011 'Creepy Crawlies' Halloween collection - as the Yankee accessories aren't as widely available in the UK, you can still find certain designs for sale on selected websites.






I ummed and ahhed over the Creepy Crawly Spider in 2011 because I wasn't sure that he would be securely based, because of the fact that the tealight is balanced soley atop of the spider's spindly looking legs, and in the end I didn't bother buying him [I don't know why he's a he, since I've been known to refer to peoples children as its]. I figured that a tealight holder was something that I needed to see and handle, before parting with my money. But this year I realised how collectible Yankee accessories are and how cheap this model is - a real bargain when you check out the prices of the other Yankee holiday special holders, so I took the plunge and bought one.

The spider is actually made from metal and, as such, is actually pretty weighty. This is a good thing, as it makes him secure on his legs. The tealight candle [sold separately] itself will sit less then three inches above of the surface you'd place the holder on, which is another reason that I feel more secure about using this model; I've seen photos of similar looking tealight holders from Yankee where the spider has longer legs, but if you buy the holder from the site listed below you'll be OK and get the same model as I have based this review on.

There's not really anything else for me to add; The spider is cheap enough to buy just for Halloween without feeling guilty for splurging, but if you're like me you'll happily use him all year round :)


Height of candle: 2.5"


** This holder is too shallow for safely burning sampler votives **


***

Yankee: £3.45
Yankeedoodle.co.uk: £3.45
Ebay is always there as backup; I've seen the spider on there off and on, for anywhere between £6 and £18.


As mentioned above: the various Halloween items by Yankee Candles are highly collectible, so don't waste time like I did and buy straight away.

No comments:

Post a Comment