Monday 3 September 2012

I desire to be brighter...




I'm trying to drag everything out of the final days of summer. One of my favourite skin brighteners over the past few months has been NARS Desire powder blush, which I got in my NARS Danmari palette last year. So lets take a longer look...



 
 
I'd been secretly lusting after DESIRE for years, but always shied away after seeing how shockingly bright it is in the pan. However I recently bought the Danmari All About Cheeks palette by NARS and this is one of the featured shades, so I finally gave it a go.


DESIRE can no longer be bought on it's own [at least in the UK], so that alone is enough to prevent me from regretting splurging on this palette. DESIRE looks fluorescent in the pan, but it applies sheer and matt, and is lovely and cheerful on my skin. I surprised by how surprisingly easy DESIRE is for me to pull off; It is a naturally 'flushed' tone on my n10 skin.



Most importantly, it wears well - I'll apply it in the morning and it will last until I take it off at the end of the day. NARS is a pricey brand, but the quality is unbeatable.



The only thing to watch out for is that almost every other blush by NARS goes with any makeup look, so you don't really need to think twice picking one up out of your makeup bag in the mornings. However, you do have to be careful with which eye and lip shades you wear this brighter blush with. I prefer to play it safe, by pairing it with shimmery nude eye shadows and glossy pink lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment