Thursday 18 November 2010

Review: Christina Aguilera EDT by Christina Aguilera

Advantages: low price, for women of any age, easy to wear, suitable all year round
Disadvantages: Poor staying power, 'quiet', unoriginal
CHRISTINA AGUILERA is the first perfume release by the singer under Proctor and Gamble [She had several releases under the fragrance name 'Xpose' - which never received a official launch AND she released another self named one with a German company with a green bottle].



I find this fragrance a real struggle to describe as it has such a short life and is extremely close to the skin: I can't separate most of the listed individual notes as a result, so it just blends into one big jumble on my skin.


I find the fruit notes the strongest on me, but they are sweet and blend together too well. The plum and blueberry are the only notes that I can separate.

The florals notes could be anything; the top notes dominate everything else. If I constantly sniff my wrist and really pay attention I can just about single out the jasmine, but the florals are underdeveloped as a whole. What I did find easy to detect is a tea note which adds a bit more interest to the fragrance.

The base isn't really apparent - the vanilla-soaked amber and creamy sandalwood are very similar to the fruity jumble.

Scent notes; Mandarin, peach, blueberry, jasmine, lily of the valley, peony, plum, musk, amber, sandalwood and vanilla.


It is easy to wear and inoffensive to my work colleagues, so it is a good choice for an every day perfume as long as you don't mind constantly 'freshening up'. I don't think it is a good choice for nights out; It's 'quiet' and you'd need to carry a bottle round for re-freshening it. As well as being easy to wear, it can also be worn all year round; The fruits and tea are refreshing in the heat, whilst everything is [non-cloyingly] sweet, which provides comfort in colder weather.


Overall I find CHRISTINA AGUILERA very uninspired and safe - there's nothing individual about this fragrance, nothing to make it stand out from the crowd. We've all got these notes already with other fragrances. I wear fragrance for the way they make me feel or as a confidence booster, but this doesn't provoke any feelings, provide confidence or stir any memories for me. I found this very disappointing, after having heard so many good things about it.


I think that it would be a safe gift choice for someone, as the fragrance is largely ageless and is easy to wear and none of the notes are strong enough to be disagreeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment