Thursday 2 September 2021

Sheer Delight [reviewing Fantasy Sheer edt, by Britney Spears]...

 Sparkling, alluring and softer than the original Fantasy, Fantasy Sheer eau de toilette introduces a new, luminously veiled signature.


Embodying Britney’s sparkling spirit and sensuality, this glittering scent caresses your skin like a barely-there silk robe at the start of a fresh new day. Lighter than the iconic Fantasy eau de parfum, this Oriental Gourmand fragrance radiates like a kiss of flirty temptation. 


Almost a new season, so time for a new Fantasy flanker; after falling in love with the last Fantasy flanker, I had very high hopes for this one and bought it within seconds of testing it.

Here's to hoping that my instincts were right...




As I've already said multiple times, I still really like the original Fantasy edp, but I think that I've quickly become to enjoy this lighter edt edition more; it keeps a lot of the same scent notes, but adds a zesty blend of citrus and removes the white chocolate. I think that this freshly-sweet & lightness twist does give the fragrance a lasting sense of energizing 'glow' and fizziness'.

The floral notes are different from  the original Fantasy too - there's a green & 'wet', lightly chilly vibe going on. The florals in the original Fantasy are much quieter than the fruit & sweet notes, and they are still pretty mild here too, but most of the official scent notes are still noticeable - particularly the lillies. I can't confidently offer any opinions on any other floral notes that have been used, except possibly magnolia?


As I said above, the chocolate note is absent, however the cupcake, musk and creamy wood blend (I'd say sandalwood) are still here for that sweetness of the classic Fantasy stamp, thatdevelops quickly and deepens overa few hours. The slight hint of iris adds a new touch, although I must admit that I can't always detect it as the note is so light.

Official scent notes; lychee, quince, kiwi, sparkling citrus water, muguet, lilly of the valley, cyclamen, waterlilies, cupcake, creamy blonde woods, white musk and iris.



Despite going from an edp down to a edt, the sillage and longevity are still impressive - still a last-all-day fragrance, that radiates a foot or so. Much better than most of the Fantasy edt flankers. 
I do definitely think that Fantasy Sheer has been released at the wrong time of the year, but I still continue to wear it for now - I do think that this screams for spring & summer though. 

As I said above; I've quickly fell for this, to the point of where I think that it is much nicer than the original Fantasy. Between this and Fantasy Intense (link to my review in this post's intro), I wouldn't be dismayed if Fantasy was retired... so long as the Sheer & Intense are intended as permanent replacements.


Yeah, I know that buying her fragrances is paying into her estate, which is then paying her father. But her estate is also the only way for her to pay for her own legal team (because of her conservatorship noone else can help her with the issues), so I want to buy from her brand to do my tiny part to support her ongoing legal battle. 


I think that Fantasy Sheer is staying exclusive to Superdrug stores in the UK.

It is priced at £35 for a 100ml bottle - the introductory price is currently just £25. It is already on the site, and is being rolled out into stores. 



No comments:

Post a Comment