Friday 6 August 2021

Beyond far away..[reviewing Far Away Beyond parfum, by Avon]

 Go beyond expectation

Reveal a hidden treasure with the oriental and gourmand fragrance of Far Away Beyond Parfum. Our first ever parfum from your No.1 fragrance brand for a richer, more intense and longer-lasting scent experience. Journey deeper and go beyond expectation with mouth-watering pear, intense jasmine and exotic upcycled Madagascan vanilla.


As I've really been enjoying Avon's fragrances in general lately [especially the Far Away perfumes], picking up the new Far Away flanker was a no-brainer.

Can this hang with Rebel and Rebel & Diva, or has Avon's winning streak finally hit a pot hole?


Besides a sprinkling of sugar water-like pear in the opening, Far Away Beyond doesn't display anything like a fruit note. The other Far Away fragrances I've tried all have 2, 3 or 4 identifiable fruit notes in them, so Far Away Beyond is more unique in comparison to the rest of the line, right from the start for me. 


There is orange blossom, rose and freesia entangled with the jasmine, so we do get a nod to the original Far Away in this new flanker. I also think I get a hint of iris in the mix, too. Fortunately for me, the orange blossom is much more toned down here compared to the original version - I really like orange blossom but it is too intense in Far Away, to the point of smothering the other scent notes and being a migraine trigger. 

There is a pinch of patchouli and a dark woody note in the base, intertwined with the vanilla. A slightly nutty & spicy effect, with the cocooning warmth of a not-too-sweet creamy vanilla. The base makes this more of a autumn/winter fragrance in my opinion, although I've also been enjoying it on damp & breezy warmer days too.

official key scent notes: Pear, Jasmine and Madagascan Vanilla. 


Honestly; if this juice was in a Dior bottle I'd be very happy with the quality, so getting it at a Avon price point is incredible; it is their first parfum and wears all day, no top ups needed. When I wore it to bed and was ill the next day, I could still catch the odd breeze of it around 15 hours after having had applied it, before rustling up enough strength to drag myself into the shower. 

This is another winner in the Far Away line of fragrances for me; it's not wildly original, but it is very easy to wear, and has the soft & cozy feel that I adore in colder weather fragrances. As I mentioned above, I'm not a particular fan of the original Far Away edp as it is too strong & powdery on me and feels unflatteringly dated. However I've enjoyed most of the flankers I've tried and/or owned (I've reviewed Rebel and Rebel & Diva), as they contain a nod to the original, but soften the aspects I found too harsh in it and have a more modern feel.

Fragrantica lists a flanker called Far Away Royale, which looks interesting have I missed it somehow, or hasn't it had a UK release yet?


If you don't know any Avon sellers, you can always order a bottle of Far Away Beyond online:

50ml parfum - £14

150ml Fragranced body lotion - £4

10ml perfume pen - £6

No comments:

Post a Comment