Wednesday 23 June 2021

Is the truth that this is as good as Daisy? [Reviewing Eve Truth edp, by Avon]

Be true and captivate your natural self to amplify your authenticity. 
It’s your spirit, your truth, your path.
 

Eve Truth is one of four fragrances in Avon's Eve Discovery collection of perfumes, that has been created with actress Eva Mendes.    

In my Eve Embrace review I mentioned that I used to have perfume pens for all of the previous perfumes in the Eve Discovery line, and that Eve Truth was my favourite & was something that I had been planning on buying in a bottle... 


Yeah. This review is pretty  much expected and my overall thoughts won't surprise anyone, but let's take a closer look at Eve Truth anyway.


 Eve Truth surprised me with its lightness. I was expecting something stronger & sweeter, having read the fruit-lead scent notes before hand. The fragrance is somewhat sweet, but on me it leans strongly towards the side of being more invigoratingly fresh and dewy, with a sharper drydown at the end.

The top and heart of Eve Truth blends seamlessly in a mix of star fruit, pomegranate, peony & hint of vanilla on me, before sharpening into a base of gardenia, sharp musk and cedar. I can’t separate the other floral notes that have been used outside of a subtle breeze of freesia and jasmine, but the impression of 'green & watery' created by the combination stops the fruit notes from being sickly sweet.


Overall the light, airy scent is perfect for the warmer weather, although I’ll wear mine all year round as it comes of as chilly and icy in colder weather, which is a feeling I enjoy - it's a refreshing cleanser for my senses, when I've been wearing stronger sweet blends too often in a row.

Official scent notes; Cassis, Black Currant, Star Fruit, Pomegranate, Pink Freesia, Peony, Gardenia, Cedar, Musk and Amber.


The longevity and sillage for the Eve Discovery range isn't Avon's best; Eve Truth is pretty quiet, and wears on skin for around 5 hours on average. Spraying it onto fabric gets you up to 7 hours of wear. Not amazing, but it wears the same as scent-alike Daisy and costs much less, so I think it is a good buy.

 I've developed a thing for pomegranate in my fragrances and enjoy that this has some, but not too much of it - actually all of the promised scent notes are present, but none stand out overly much. Very balanced.


In my small vintage Avon collection I used to have a little known 60s/70s cologne called First Flowers and Eve Truth is almost identical to it - and Marc Jacobs Daisy has clearly gotten inspiration from First Flowers too...


If you don't have a Avon seller near you, Eve Truth is available to buy on the Avon site:

50ml bottle - £15

10ml perfume pen - £6

150ml body lotion - £4.50

Gift sets and 100ml bottles are both available on and off during the year too.





No comments:

Post a Comment