Wednesday 9 June 2021

Honey to the bee [reviewing Petit Attitude Bee edt, by Avon].

 Be happy and add a sweet touch to your day  by spritzing a perfume as sweet as sunshine onto your skin...


Avon have just launched a new copy of a perfume that I've just noticed is vanishing from stores, so the timing is just perfect for me to try it out and see what I think of it. 

Avon have really been stepping up on the quality of their fragrance lines during the last few years, so I'm looking forward to getting to give this a go...



I can't separate all of the fruity notes, that are used in Petit Attitude Bee; they're all mingled together very closely. If I had to guess, I'd suggest that there is pear and possibly some form of berry underneath the pomelo and mandarin notes. There is enough citrusy notes present to stop the sweeter fruits & sugar from becoming too overbearing. 

The listed orange blossom is by far the strongest floral note on me, and I'd also guess that there is some combination of clean and powdery florals such as linden blossom, lotus and/or heliotrope too. Sometimes I can pick up on what  I think is honeysuckle, although it is delicate enough that I don't always pick up on it. The mix of the lingering sugared fruits and powdered florals does indeed give an impression of honey nectar.

The shift into the base is subtle; a vanilla-infused sandalwood note develops, and mingles with the lingering orange blossom & stubbornly clinging sugary fruits as the perfume dries down.

Official scent notes: sugared pomelo, mandarin, orange blossom, honey nectar accord and Precious Woods.


I enjoyed my bottle of Marc Jacob Honey edp, but I never bothered to replace my empty bottle because the sillage and longevity are disappointing for a higher-cost perfume. Petit Attitude Bee has a similar strength; it wears anywhere from 3 to 5 hours on skin. Not great but passable for a £10 edt, but frankly embarrassing for a £65 edp - I'm not surprised to see that Honey is getting harder to find, a sign of it being discontinued?

Honey has a stronger note of orange blossom, which is a favourite note of mine,  so there is a point to it. However Petit Attitude Bee does have the nicer lightly sugared sweet undertone, which gives the blend more of a suggestion of there being actual honey in it - a major plus, which I think ends the "which one is better?" debate.


Petit Attitude Bee is a very nice edt for spring & summer - slightly sweet & innocent, but fresh & light enough so as not to come off as cloying or sickly. As I've already mentioned, the longevity isnt really that good, but the price is lower than many perfumed body sprays and the bottle shape & size is very handy for popping into a bag, so I think that this is a very pleasant 'casual' fragrance for the warmer months and it is well worth trying it out if you enjoy the Honey fragrance. 

If you don't know any Avon sellers to order from, you can order Avon Petit Attitude Bee online; £10 for a 50ml bottle, from Avon UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment