Wednesday 14 April 2021

Embracing the new... [reviewing Eve Embrace edp, by Avon]

Discover the radiance in every layer of who you are with the floral, woody and musk perfume of Eve Embrace EDP.  

Embrace all that you are in every way with vivacious violet petals, breath-taking rose and delectable white caramel musk.

 

Today I want to take a deep dive into the latest perfume release by actress Eva Mendes [in her Eve Discovery line] with Avon - Eve Embrace. 

I read about this online a few months ago (I can't remember where I read the article) and had been looking forward to the UK launch of it ever since; I usually really enjoy fragrances with any combination of raspberry, strawberry, rose, violet, iris and/or caramel in them. Eve Embrace contains all six of these scent notes. Not only do the key scent notes appeal to me, but Avon has been impressing me with the overall quality of their fragrances over the last year or so = my expectations are high for this fragrance.

Has this fragrance lived up to the hype that I'd built in my own mind?


Eve Embrace opens with the strawberry in the lead, which soon becomes enmeshed with the raspberry for a cheerful jammy sweetness. I'm also convinced that there is lily in the fragrance which develops alongside the fruit, which prevents the sweetness of the berries from becoming too overpowering by adding a fresh sharpness.

As the fragrance begins to settle on me, it's the listed rose note that stands out the most to me - patchouli is one of those scents that I  can dislike, but I find it very complementary with rose, so I don't mind it too much in Eve Embrace. Iris and violet have a similar powdery scent to them, which can also be very complementary,  but they are almost overwhelmed by the rose/patchouli combo, so while I don't dislike the patchouli here, I would have liked it to have be lighter.

Osmanthus smells sweet and fruity, so that note is lost under the long berry scent notes to me, though I  do get traces of what seems like a tea note. As the berry & most of the floral notes [the  rose and patchouli notes always lingergradually fade, a soft vanilla and sandalwood-lead base emerges On me the caramel note is very light, which I think is a shame as I do love caramel in fragrances as I find it comforting.

Official scent notes: raspberry, strawberry, violet, rose, iris, osmanthus, patchouli, musk, amberwood and caramel.


I find the longevity to be pretty average for a more spring/summer perfume from Avon; on average the fragrance becomes quiet after four hours and I get to around the six hour mark of longevity,  before it goes too close to the skin to detect.  If some of the fragrance gets onto my bra/tee, then it lasts for eight hours. Not outstanding, but very nice for the lower price-point. 
This is a very good fragrance, and it reminded me of one of my first fragrance purchases immediately; [the original version of] Escada Sexy Graffiti. So if that, or the line of Escada summer limited edition fragrances in general, are your catnip then I definitely recommend giving Eve Embrace a go. I also recommend it to people who enjoy fragrances containing strawberry, raspberry, rose and/or patchouli.

My overall opinion is that I like Eve Embrace, but I'm still a little bit underwhelmed by it, like I was with Eve confidence; I will happily use up my bottle and will consider rebuying it as there are quite a few things I enjoy about it, but I can't say that I enjoy it enough to say that I would definitely will buy it again. I do think that the patchouli is nice combined with the rose, but I would rather it'd not been in Eve Embrace so that the other floral notes would have had more chance to grow - I believe that I'd have loved this fragrance if that had been the case... 

 

I've had perfume pens of all of the earlier Eve Descovery fragrances in the past, and they are all very pleasant, but I think that Eve Truth is the most enjoyable. I'll probably pick up a full size bottle of that soon, as that is also a lovely daytime option for spring and summer and just has more of that mysterious x factor pulling me towards it. 

If you don't know anyone who sells Avon in real-life, you can order their products online via the official online store - just use the clickable links below [not alliterated]:

50ml bottle - £15

150ml scented body lotion - £4.50

10ml perfume pen - £6

LE Set (edp, lotion & pen) - £15

No comments:

Post a Comment