Thursday 18 June 2020

Goldie looking chain... [reviewing the Glam Attack Metallic Creme liquid eyeshadow in Chains, by Haus Laboratories].

Multifaceted liquid eyeshadow with longwearing, opaque coverage for a true foil finish - Haus Labs site.

Hmm; so how does the Metallic Creme liquid eyeshadow formula differ from the brand's Liquid Shimmer liquid eyeshadow formula, and why does the price between the two formulas vary by £2 [the Metallic Creme range is the slightly more expensive one]?

This was the question on my mind when I first saw the four-piece Metallic Creme range, which was introduced last winter. I decided that the best way to settle my curiosity about the formulas, was to try the new-to-me one for myself.

So lets go and find out...


Chains is a golden bronze shade of creamy mousse, that dries to a long-wearing foil finish. 

The brand's two liquid eyehadow formulas are different - the Liquid Shimmer formula is thinner and contains little pearls for a molten look,whilst the Metallic Creme formula is slightly thicker and does look like actual foil.




The small bald spot in my outer corner was caused by my bad habit of rubbing my eyes and my camera is not working, so I can't get any new pics for the blog


I'm going to copy part of my review, from my Liquid shimmer one, because the formula applies and wears exactly the same; I don't usually find liquid-based eyeshadow to be particularly well wearing on my deepset/hooded eyes, but this has wowed me the same way that the brand's Liquid Simmer formula has won me over; up to nine hours after application and it'll still look freshly applied - the formula is magic.


Not only is the formula very well wearing, but it is also very easy to apply; I just brush it on with the doe-foot wand, straight out of the tube - no blending or fiddling needed. So much neater and faster than applying and blending out a powder, and I've not noticed any transfer.


 It's a shame that this company isn't talked about much; every single product that I've tried from them has been of a high quality, and this is another solid product line under their belt.
If the world hadn't gone to shit this year, I'd probably have all 4 shades of the Glam Attack metallic creme shades [and there are several Liquid Shimmer shades that are appealing too] by now, and I do hope to pick up at least one more in the-not-too-distant future.

The Glam Attack liquid eyeshadows cost £21 and are available on Amazon UK and Haus Labs.

No comments:

Post a Comment