Thursday 7 May 2020

EOTD: the Jaclyn Hill Volume II eyeshadow palette, by Morphe.


I wanted to give everyone a better look at [what I thought of as] the only problematic shade  in the Jaclyn Hill: Volume II eyeshadow palette, as none of the photos I'd taken over the past few months really showed what I had tried to describe in my palette review.

Also; let's get another look at the awesome yellow 😉💞💞


From a distance the eyeshadow looks fine, but when you look close, the shade Taliya doesn't look even and some of the surrounding matte shadow appears disrupted. The part where Taliya transitions into GRWM are absolutely fine - so no problems if that is how you use the shade, rather than wearing it alone.





As I said above, the applied shadow looks nice at a glance/from a small distance, so I'd feel confident enough to wear it in public [in fact, I did pre-lockdown]. I wouldn't call the shade a complete fail or anything dramatic, but I don't think that the performance of it is anywhere near as good compared to the other shades in the Volume II palette.





My swatches, where-to-buy links & looks with other shades with, and review for the Jaclyn Hill palette: Volume II are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment