Friday 1 May 2020

EOTD: the Jaclyn Hill eyeshadow palette, by Morphe.

Another no-big-story-but post for today; it's just that I've been playing around with the Jaclyn Hill: Volume II eyeshadow palette for the past few months, and wanted to have a quick refresher on how easy/meh/difficult the purples and pinks in the original palette are to work with in comparison.

Since I was actually bothering to put on makeup, I thought I'd take some photos & share some observations on the shadows. So here's a 'going into the back garden' look & ramble... 





Honestly? These shadows aren't aging really well; I know that my palette is over the 2 year expiration date, so I can't really be mad - but none of my other over-the-hill eyeshadows have changed like some of the shades in this palette have. I'd never been keen on the purple matte shade for it's dryness and patchiness, but it seems to need even more building and blending.

I used to really enjoy the purple and pink shimmers and they were some of my favourite shadows in the palette for both shades and formulas, but I found myself underwhelmed by them this time; the formulaswere dryer and the shades were muted & needed dampening + layering.


I can still get a decent look from these shadows, so it isn't all bad - it just took a bit longer & manipulation. I need to use this palette more and see how other shades may have changed over time.




My swatches, where-to-buy links & looks with other shades, and review for the Jaclyn Hill palette are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment