Monday 17 June 2019

Is this product enchanted? H20 Skin Tint, by Pixi...

My skin is very dry and sensitive and keeps having rebellious phases, so I'm always on the look-out for something that will correct unevenness and discolouration, yet won't feel heavy and show up the dry patches and make my skin flake, like most foundations do. 

Since my skin is currently having a"f' you" phase, I'm going back to my youth and trying out a tinted moisturizer. When I look back on old photos, all of the tinted moisturizers I used to wear had strong yellow undertones - that's why I stopped wearing them and moved on to the better shade ranges found in foundations & BB Creams.

I had a M&S giftcard, so I looked for a tinted moisturizer in their beauty section and selected this one because... erm, for no reason, other than I like the brand name. Have the shade options improved since I've last tried them? How is the coverage now? Does the formula work with powder products?


I found even the lightest shade of H20 Skin Tint [Creamy] to be a bit too dark when swatched on the back of my hand in store, but it blends beautifully and the shade adapts seamlessly, so I can understand why the shade range is small - one shade can be used on several different skin tones/shades.




 H20 feels hydrating and cooling on skin and as I said, the blending is super easy - I find a brush gives better coverage. Once blended, the results are a smooth satin finish, with a nice glow [even after applying setting powder and other powder products!]. 

On my skin no kind of complexion product applies evenly without a primer, so that's how I use Skin Tint [I did try it on bare skin, but as expected, my skin is too dry for it to apply smoothly], to make sure it has an equal chance to work as my other complexion products get.

 I've found that H20 Skin Tint won't cover my hormonal breakouts, but my main problem is discolouration, which this product solves. It even reduces the appearance of my pores,cold sores [thanks mystery bug I got whilst in hospital] AND undereye circles too. I've found it to be transfer resistant, it doesn't settle in my fine lines and it long lasting when set with a powder -  it lasts 4/5 when worn alone, and throughout an 8/9 hour working day when set. 

Finally; I think the packing is very user-friendly; It's in a squeezable, slim tube, so you can squeeze all of the product out. 







H20 Skin Tint costs £24 for a 35ml tube.

It is sold at Marks & Spencer [site and selected stores].

No comments:

Post a Comment