Wednesday 5 December 2018

EOTD: Soph x, by Revolution Beauty...

When I reached for my Soph x palette to use the Festive Flame shade in my previous post, I saw another two Christmassy shades, so thought I'd use them in today's post...

I wanted to showcase this palette again as I think Soph x is a nice palette for people who want to experiment with colour and want to expand their palette collection without breaking the bank - I think it'd make a nice stocking stuffer for those people and for YouTube fans, so as it's December I wanted to share.




To be upfront with you; I'm not too keen on some of the shades in Soph x, a few of which are seen today; but as you can see, everything is usable. 


I find Pine Tree to be the most pigmented and intense simmer shade in the palette - I applied it dry, whilst I had to foil Fairy Lights as that shade is thinner and not overly pigmented. Nightmare is more charcoal than black as it is described, but I'm not a huge black wearer and think this softer version is easier to use then a more pigmented black. Pancakes is another shade that is thin and underpigmented, but it is great as a mixer shade, as seen today.


My review, swatches and other demos [including ones with the shades used today] for the Soph x eyeshadow palette can all be found here.



The Soph x eyeshadow palette can be bought from the Revolution site or from Superdrug [site & stores] for £10.

No comments:

Post a Comment